FRPP @ SEMA - new Cammer engine

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) has revealed its latest in performance project vehicles showcasing the new 5.0-liter "Cammer" V-8 crate engine, and they're poised to rocket off the stand at this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.

Based on the Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) Mustang Cobra 4.6-liter, four-valve engine family, the new all-aluminum 5.0-liter, four-valve V-8 Cammer crate engine showcases factory-proven technology for aftermarket applications. It features larger cylinders for greater displacement, forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs.

FRPP claims the new Cammer is clearly one of the most technologically advanced and versatile crate engines ever manufactured. To prove it, they've overhauled three unsuspecting vehicles and corralled all the horsepower in three engine variations: electronic fuel injection (EFI), carbureted with four two-barrel Weber carburetors or supercharged and intercooled.

They are quoting 420 bhp and 370lbs @ 5000rpm for the EFI; 420 bhp @ 6700rpm and 395 lbs @ 4000 rpm with carbs; estimating 650 for the blown. DOn't know the dimensions though.

Brett

Brett

[ QUOTE ]
Yours for only $20,000. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are joking! With $20k you could build a all aluminium Dart 351W with billet crank and rods, titanium valves, etc. and still have money left over to buy a used Yugo!

Unfortunately I am not kidding. I look at it this way...for $20,000 you can almost build yourself a real "cammer," namely the 427 SOHC. At 600+ hp, it is easily the most bad-ass crate motor Ford has ever offered. I understand Jay Leno has one in his Shelby Cobra.

Back