• Sun 25th April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mon 3rd May

• Sat 15th May

• Total voters
Hi all -

Just came across some dates for the 'Run What Ya Brung' events at Santa Pod Raceway in 2004.

They kick off early in the year but I was thinking say late March / early April - Anyone interested?

They send you off in pairs - you get an official printout of reaction time - 64ft - 330ft - 1/8th mile - 1/4 mile and top speed.

Entrance fee to raceway is £10 and £15 signing on fee gives as many runs as you (or your transmission/tyres) can handle.

So anyone up for it? - let me know and we'll arrange something - should be a laugh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And just to make you laugh
Me&LAHooker.JPG

believe it or not its me on my first visit to Santa Pod some 25yrs ago...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I may have a few strange habits - but cross dressing isn't one of them!

Mind you, the induction system on 'LA Hooker' seems a bit too close for comfort! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'll try to come and play! Can't speak for Malc. as i hear there may be a Fiat 500 out there!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yep, I'm up for that one, provided mine's back on the road again by then (winter work to start soon hopefully).

I'll be a long way behind you guys, but I'd love the opportunity to give it some wellie. It would be by first time on the 'track'.

Cheers,

Max

Hi James -

Look forward to it although the rest of us will be running the quarter mile as opposed to your eighth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max - The more the merrier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul,
There's something about those old sepia photographs that I really love. And you haven't changed a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
I am up for it.

Paul, while we are making idiots of ourselves, this is me on my last visit to Santa Pod over 30 years ago.

Brian.

Attachments

• 24724-Santa Pod.jpg
    24724-Santa Pod.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 290
it's Fangio!

Great piccy Brian - looks like we will have quite a party, the more the merrier I say.

Should be quite a day - so if anyone else out there is thinking about it, go on, it'll be a hoot! and not too serious..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep adding yourself to the list and we'll post details early next year.

Brian
I did not realise "CATWEASLE" was Racing carts at Santa Pod thirty years ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul
Put me down for your Bash
Regards
Ian

Brian, I'm not sure that your experimental transparent bodywork for the 40 is such a good idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi James -

Look forward to it although the rest of us will be running the quarter mile as opposed to your eighth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on a minute, I thought it was 1/2 a mile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.P

Yes please, count me in. Now, is that Paul or Neo looking for Trinity in that photo? Brian, has Norman Wisdom just passed you being pulled along by an out of control lawn mower? Charles, is that a CCTV clip from Crimewatch? JP, that's 2004 you know, are you sure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love to All
Andrew

Back