GT40NZ#3010 Denis

First post on my build. Started out with a rolling GT with alum. panels fit, suspention in loosely,and clips/doors semi fit.I fit the clips and doors without too much hassle.Fit the headlamp covers and am going to fit rear plexi next. Engine is a Ford motorsports gt 40 crate motor with alum heads and a TMW induction.Many parts on order and still some coming from NZ.The winter blahs are setting in so I will beat them with many hours in the shop building the car.My hope is to drive it out early spring. We will see. I will try to post some photos.

Hi Denis,
Welcome...
I sure hope you get the GT done by Spring. If you do, please bring it to the DVSF IV in London, Ohio in June on the 25th thru the 28th. It's mostly cobras but there are plenty of GT's too. Also get those pictures posted. We have a few other GT40NZ builders and it would be nice to see all you guys post some more build pictures. Mainly I would like to see one on the road.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pat, the DVSF is a big cobra gathering in/near London ohio in june. (Double Venom Spring Fling) A lot of fun, a lot of people, and more cobra/gt 40's in one place than you will ever see in the USA, Scott

Pat,
Scott is right, but the most important thing is that it's a charity event for Cistic Fibrosis. A lung disorder that effects young children. This event has gathered more funds so far than any other single event with exception of the telethon. Over 90% of the donations go directly to helping the cause. The poster child for our event is little Jenny Smith. She is 4 yrs old I believe now. Her father is Dave Smith who is partners with his brother Mark of Factory Five Racing.
The last DVSF III was outstanding. There was autocrossing and the next day was giving spirited rides down main street. They closed it off just for this. Then later on there is a big buffet dinner and an auction. The auction has some really neat things that people donate. Heck, even Carroll Shelby donated a signed poster and tons of other items.
All I know is that I won't miss one of these events if I can help it. I've been going to rod runs, car shows. and all other kinds of events for 30yrs and this one is by far my favorite. Run & Gun would be next. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

second attempt to add photos

Attachments

• 25525-171952AA.JPG
    25525-171952AA.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 592
Hey Mark, The panels were fit in NZ yet I did final fit them here. I do have plenty of final body work to complete it to my satisfaction though. I did some panel stiffining so that I can properly block out the panels.
Denis

Pete,
I put valve covers on it and tmw induction. That's all. It's a Ford motorsports crate motor rated at 345 hp. I plan on driving this car around as much as possible so I wanted reliability. Not much planned to beef it up. I do have MSD billet dist and 6al coming.

12" of snow last night.Did my snow plowing duties this morning, spent the afternoon and into tonight working on the GT40. Recieved a stud kit needed to install TMW induction-Did that installed MSD Billet dist. Rolled the engine out back and went on to the body. The drivers door was too high in the top front. Had to split the skin off and rebond it in order to lower it to its proper placement. The parts are coming in slow but sure. Got a set of headlamps from Alpine America in Canada.Cut them in, very tight fit. Also did the dash instrument installation awhile ago.All lenses fit as is the rear plexi.Expecting the transaxle soon so that I can fit the engine and trans in.17" wheels are on order at PS Engineering. Hope to see them soon.Will post photos soon when things start to look different.

OK Mark This is for you. I did get some time to work on the GT. Got the fuel tanks fit and the fuel fillers fit. The cladding in front on the GT40NZ now has carbon fiber aprons and filler wells. All fit, was a task.One headlamp mounted one to go.Was goin well til I had a call. Had to bring a family member to the Emergency room for a couple of broken bones. Alls ok but that was the last time I was able to work on her.Hope to see wheels soon. Will post photos soon.

Just received my 17" BRM's from PS eng. LOOK!!!

Attachments

• 29622-DSCF00141.JPG
    29622-DSCF00141.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 611
Back