Rugby World Cup

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dont know if any of you rev heads out there in cyber land have noticed, but next Saturday Australia play England in the final Of the Rugby World Cup. GO YOU GOOD THINGS, WALLABIES TO WIN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Wouldn't want to start an arguement, so I'll say I HOPE you're wrong.

Actually I think it's a close call, but we'll be there in the pub at 9am!! A close friend of mine who is over there at the mo sent me a message to say she's got a ticket for it - BITCH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Luckey Girl .Tickets are like rocking horse Sh###.
Very hard to come by. Hope its a good game and they run the ball. How big a target will Johnny Wilkenson be?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
NEWSFLASH:
The England team's training session was delayed today for nearly two hours At Telstra Stadium today.
One of the players, while on his way back to the dressing room happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking unknown white powdery substance at the end of the field.
Coach Clive Woodward immediately suspended practice while the NSW Police and terror response units were called in to investigate.
After a complete field analysis, the Police determined that the white substance unknown to the players, was the Try line.
Practice was resumed when the England officials decided that it was unlikely that the Team would encounter the substance again.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yeah---I'm not to sure 'bout this under arm and fall over ball stuff ,but keep it Pete--can't wait for the next post
DRB#17
Yellow/Red
302W 16 pushrods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A guy walks into a bar with a poodle under his arm.
The dog is wearing an English rugby jersey and is festooned
with England ribbons.Hey! the barman says "no pets allowed, you will have to leave".The guy begs him, "look, I'm desperate!We're both big fans, the TV's broken at home and this is the only place we can watch the game."
After getting a promise that the dog will behave the Bartender relents and allows them stay and watch the big game.
The game begins with the English receiving the kick-off.
They march down field, get stopped at the 22,and kick a
penalty goal.
Suddenly the dog leaps up on the bar and walks on its hind legs up and down the bar giving High-fives to everyone.
The Barman says "Wow, that is incredible, the most amazing thing I've seen, what does the dog do if they score a try?"
The owner replies

"I don't know, I've only had him for four years." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It is on in about one hour, Sydney has been invaded by
"THE BARMY ARMY" and I am practising Waltzing Matilda.
It is Belting down rain which should advantage the Poms.
May the best side win. Go you good things!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"THE BEST SIDE WON" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What do you call a group of Australian spectators at the Rugby World Cup Final?

The Wallabies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've just had a vision of the next World Cup Final

The Australians will play England. After the half-time whistle blows, England will find themselves ahead 50-0, Sir Johnny Wilkinson scoring all of the points. At half time, the rest of the team will all head off for the pub instead of playing the second half, leaving Sir Johnny to go out on his own.

"No worries," Sir Johnny will say: "I'll join you later and tell you what happened." After the game, Sir Johnny will head for the pub where he will tell his team mates the final score: 95 points to 3.

"What!?", yells a furious Sir Clive Woodward, "How did you let them get three points!?" Sir Johnny replies, somewhat apologetically, "Sorry boss, I was sent off with 20 minutes to go ... "

Seriously, a great battle from both teams. With a few minutes to go, my money was moving towards Australia - I tell you what though, it's wierd drinking beer at 9 o'clock in the morning.

Rob

MWGT40

Supporter
What an awesome match - I literally couldn't sit down the whole match it was so exciting. Australia did well to come back into the game at the end but in the end the best team one. Well done ENGLAND - the World Champions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
AWESOME is right. Nobody could have scripted such scoring - Australia equalising in the last minute of normal time, Jonny getting his only drop goal of the game (when more were expected) to win in the last minute(ish) of extra time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Did I not say it would be a close call? It got so tense in the pub for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but then absolutely erupted when Jonny put that one through. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max

[ QUOTE ]
I tell you what though, it's wierd drinking beer at 9 o'clock in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brett

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations England New World Champions.
A great game played with great spirit.
Drinking beer at 9AM is easier than eating
humble pie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back