RF cars with Webers - Who's got em?

Ron Earp

Admin
RF cars with Webers - Who\'s got em?

How many RF cars are out there with Webers? I'm running a set I'm starting to get ready for the big firing day and am checking jetting etc. It looks like it will be awful close on fitting these in the car with the rear glass on. I'm using IDFs with a seemingly tall manifold. Anyone have any problems?

Ron

Re: RF cars with Webers - Who\'s got em?

Ron,

My car is not an RF (GTD) but I thought these photos might help out. I am replacing my Edelbrok Performer RPM and 650 Holley DP with the webbers. The measurments between the 2 setups is almost identical (no aircleaners on either setups).

Attachments

• 25721-Webbers.JPG
    25721-Webbers.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 307

Here is the other angle.

Attachments

• 25722-Webbers1.JPG
    25722-Webbers1.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 292

Ron Earp

Admin

Faili,

those from Pierce? Look exactly like mine!

Frank C. was telling me about all the problems they've had with IDFs in the UK. I don't know anyone running IDFs on 40s here, but from the problems those fellows report (and folks other than Frank too) IDAs are the way to go.

What is your baseline jetting? Did they set them up for you? I was talking to Pierce the other day and getting parts prices. If I wanted to say, go from 40mm chokes to 38mm chokes it is $22.50 each, so, about $200 for some simple experimenting/tuning! Not cheap!Lots of questions!

Ron

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter

I run 44 IDFs and apart from some exhaust popping when coming off throttle the IDFs work great. I would think that the IDFs are better for the street than the IDAs because the IDAs were made to be a race carb, where as the IDFs with there choke circuit (I don't use it), were made to be a street carb. Most important of course is having the jets, emulsion tubes and choke tubes sized correctly for your engine. Since I went from 351 ci to 396 ci I need to redo my Webbers but they are working ok for now.

Faili, that must be some parts washer you have there. That carb set-up looks fantastic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin

Hey Rick,

I'm in the cross-country phase of flight training. If I flew up on a Saturday think you could maybe meet me for lunch (I'll buy) and let me check out your car? It'd take me about 1.5 hours to get up there at most and would be worth it to me to check out your machine.

Best,
Ron

Faili,

I bought the 48IDA original Webers from Matt for my SB302 but I am looking for an inlet manifold.Any idea guys?

Tx
Fred

Ron, your guess is right, they are from Pierce Manifolds. The carbs were jetted for my Ford Crate motor (345-370HP). I bought them 8 months ago, and now trying to put them on.

I have heard the same thing as Rick, basically IDF's are more streetable than IDAs. I have this bad feeling that I am gone miss my 650 Holley once I do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif!! I hope NOT.

Fred, try Pierce Manifolds, they might be able to help you on Manifold selection.
Mark, if the washing machine gets nicked, I will have to sleep in the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron you are welcome to take a look at mine also as I am only about 5 minutes from Ricks house.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter

Ron, You are welcome anytime, just call me at (757) 474-3663 so I will know which airport to pick you up at. I have begun taking apart my car to redo the front aluminum panels and the bottom skin in thin stainless. I have also removed all of the suspension but the motor, trans and dash are still in the car.

Ron Earp

Admin

Thanks guys, then I will see both!!! I'll let you guys know with plently of warning and I'll buy lunch all around.

R

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company

Ron,

I have made an inlet manifold for the Webber set up to the standard heads (not Yates heads) and can work out a price for you. I made it as I could not get an inlet manifold for Webbers here in Australia or at least one that was not going to cost me a Kings Ransom.

Give me a call,

Best wishes,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin

Will do, wanted to see what was happening down your way anyhow. Take care,
Ron

Grunt, roar, grunt. There is nothing, well besides an exterior shot of a GT40, that says manly and sexy like a photo of 8 weber stacks. Grrrrr.

Back