To flip the diff on 016.....

Just to let you know a little bit more... The reason i am asking is because i need a gearbox for my fiberglass beach buggy (manx). Most guys put in a kombi box and are happy with it. The problem is those boxes are getting very old now and by the time you spend extra on gears and supperdiff etc you end up paying three times the amount. I would like to run the standard box if possible and i am looking at the engine coversion as well. Maybe an Audi 2.6 V6 hence no adapters... Therefore you reply would be appreciated and no do not worry that all the buggy guys are going to drain the supply of 016 boxes for you guys since they are a very conservative bunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

I considered flipping the diff just for something to try but it would be extremely difficult and require major housing modification to get it to match up to the pinion gear again. Basically not worth it i decided. Why not just flip the whole thing instead?

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply. Yes i've considered that option as well but then i cant drop in gearbox/motor as a unit from audi. But hey that is fine, i will just have to use adaptor plate.

I do have a same question for the renault UN boxes. I believe i've read in one of the post that you can flip the diff but not sure if it can be done without major mod. Is this true? If that is the case maybe a renault box would be a better option since i know some off road racers do use it but i belive only ones i've seen are still mid mount. Unless i get Alpine GTA box but that would be next to impossible here in Australia.

Your and anybody else advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

Back