16" BRM's

16\" BRM\'s

Who out there is selling 16" BRM wheels. PS Engineering has 15" and 17", but if anyone has 16" wheels at a reasonable price, I'd be interested. I don't need the spinners as my MDA will have them when shipped.

Jim Downard

Re: 16\" BRM\'s

Try getting intouch with Hershal Byrd. He should be able to get them from RF.
That's what I ordered with my car. They are very well done.
John

Jim,

I have got some great pics of my Jongbloeds. These are the best looking BRM wheels I have ever seen. They are also arguably the best made too. Cast Magnesium centres etc. They are very light!

They were also the preferred choice of the late Carol Smith!

Ask Mark to email you some photos.

Regards,

J.P

I also have Jongbloeds, although with a different center section. I think my next set will have the GT40 centers.

Jongbloed wheels have been made for race cars since the 60's. My 11 inch wide, 17 inch wheels weigh under 16 lbs.!

If you are looking for the untimate wheel, I'll pick Jongbloed.

Ron Earp

Admin

Not to detract from their wheels but my RF didn't come with any wheels when I bought it so I started searching. I was almost ready to order the Jongbloeds but he talked me out of it. I told him that I wished to do 90% street driving and he felt the aluminum rims on the wheel would not take it - I'd be repairing them often.

This seems a real concern, has the company changed hands, changed production, done something different? Or was that just his whim of the day when I talked with him?

They are nice wheels in any case, that is for sure and he was open to a group purchase when I called him 1.5 years ago. Maybe we could get one going again?

Best,
Ron

Ron, Bill Jongblod sold his wheel company about three years ago. He was staying on the payroll as an engineering consultant but may have left by now. I have two sets of his old company wheels and have had no trouble on the street or track. The street driving has been mild and on good (for Calif.) roads.

Ron Earp

Admin

Yep, that is the guy. He spoke like an owner but oddly was not able to do deals, someone else talked about that. Interesting but good to hear there are no problems with the wheels. I called in about 2001, Spring if I remember so mabye over 2 years ago.

R

I already spoke with Mark about the Jongbloeds, but delivered here they'll be about $3300. I can get PS Engineering wheels for over $1000 less. No offense to the Jongbloeds, but money talks. At least it does in my case. Jeez, I'd love to put a set of Webers on the car, but prudence says go with an Edelbrock.

Jim Downard

[ QUOTE ]
...I was almost ready to order the Jongbloeds but he talked me out of it. I told him that I wished to do 90% street driving and he felt the aluminum rims on the wheel would not take it - I'd be repairing them often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you have a light wheel (under 16 lbs.), you have to be concerned about rim damage. I talked with the new owner before buying mine. I have a 2600 lb Cobra and wanted them to be good for the street.

The bottom line is if you hit an obstruction, you may have to replace a rim section. But that could be with any wheel. The larger the section height of the tire, the more protection. I am very careful of curbs, pot holes and other hazards. If I'm not, there is a chance of rim replacement.

Back