Weaknesses of the GTD?

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to the forum and am starting to research GT40 kits. I am building a FFR Cobra right now, but plan to sell it when it is done (as soon as I get a reasonable offer!!).

I know somebody who would be willing to sell his unfinished GTD kit, and I am wondering if I should buy it. Another possibility is to buy a new kit from RF, MDA,..., but the cost would probably be much higher. Unfortunately, price DOES (still) play a big role for me.
Now I would like to know what parts of the GTD are not so nice and should be changed if possible. The brake system seems to be a high priority (I can get good prices on Wilwoods) and the suspension could be tweaked as well. What cost should be budgeted for converting it to rose joints?

The frame looks to be pretty tough and overall can be turned into a fast racecar, if I look at GTDs of Roy Smart and others. I would like to use it both as a street and an autocross/hill climb car. Not seriously competitive, but just to have fun.

Also, what is a reasonable price for a kit with body, suspension,... etc. (no wheels,engine,trans)?

Thanks you very much for your help,
Lukas

Back