Thought some of you might like this pic.

Hi , I took this picture of my slot car track , then used digital image pro to tweak it (tried to make it a little like a painting). Hope you like it! I used it as my background, which i like to change often on my pc. Notice the babes around the GT ,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 25893-DSC00008a.jpg
    25893-DSC00008a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 327
How do you manage to keep your cars looking so good, I race on a routed wooden track and have basically anihalated my car, no rear window, lost the exhaust the first day, missing a headlight cover, wiper gone, broke the chasis at the motor (too much power, too big a tire) 1 side window is broken, the windsheild is half out, missing the oval vent plate and the paint is DESTROYED, but the car is awsome.

Well Eric,, My wife has ryhmatiod arthritis,, so she can't work the throttle ,, but she drives a viper most the time and it has taken lots of abuse. Most the cars are pretty tough and hold up well. I have a 13 yr old and his friends come over and the cars survive pretty well. The worst torture my track has seen is the wive's friends , trashed and crashin stupid (bombed ,,lol),,, tore up some good cars,,I like down force ,, are you using magnets on that track ?? take care and happy Thanks Giving Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We dont run magnets at all. It is wood track with copper tape. http://www.oldslotracer.com a pic of the beginning of my track is here but I had to modify it alot cause after I built it i put a bathroom in that took a chunk of garage (sucks but great investment, no more cleaning up in a rush and trying to get my boots and coveralls off in time to go upstairs to the washroom before i burst cause i left it to the last minute).
If you look under "rogers track" at the bottom that is my hand and car. I bought a set of cheap cars for the kids to use, they definatley get abused.

I can't imagine not running magnets ,hahah unless you could get some real sticky tires for the cars. I dont think they make the foam type for these cars. I run the indy grip silicone ones when I can find them . They last forever , I have a GT1 porsche that i switched to silicones and I have ran the car 3 years and they still stick!
Yes thats the drawback of running copper tape. but your own tracks are awsome , great job! Originally I was thinking of making my own, but I had a bunch of Strombecker track left from when I was a kid in a box in my parents house.The drawback on the plastic track is the current problems from track to track, but I fixed that by soldering a small jumper wire under each seam. I painted all those little people. That is a pain , but it sure makes things look better. regards, Dan

Indy grips only work on well used tracks, slotit silicone on pretty much all, they are a good compromise but my uncle and i make our own tires using silicone in a caulk gun and a fancy drill setup. The tires are unbeatable and you make them right on the rim so they are guarateed to be true, but they rip easy if they get snagged by a screwdriver or something but who cares, cut them off and make a new set.

Back