GTD forward shift linkage

I have an older GTD with center shift. I believe it uses the shifter handle and linkage from a Lotus Esprit. Can anyone confirm this or supply what it is? Unfortunately something has given up the ghost and the shifter doesn't want to activate the cables! I suspect that the those little plastic pivot parts have worn away or broken. Haven't gotten the seat and center console out yet to check. Are these little plastic widgets available from someone?

Ron Earp

Admin
I think you are right. I have a Lotus Esprit and I've noticed that the shifter and bits in some GTD's (like the one for sale right now) look just like my Lotus. If you need Lotus parts and can confirm that is what they care then www.jaeparts.com can help you.

Send me pics and I'll compare them for you.

R

Thanks Ron as soon as I get it opened up I will do just that. Did these parts ever give you any trouble on your Lotus? I have about 12,000 miles on this unit.

Ron Earp

Admin
I've only driven the Lotus about 6k miles but it has not lived up to the poor Lotus reputation. So far it runs and drives fine, no problems.

R

Ron, thanks for the help. I have checked things out and found that the tranny and shifter are fine. The problem is that one of the 2 cables has hung up and won,t let me shift. Fortunately I have an exta cable and should have everything back to working as soon as I finish up hauling out the decorations for Christmas.

Back