G50/52 to G50/50???

Guys,

Can the tail housing of a G50/52 be changed to the one used on the G50 and yield a G50/50?

What do these pieces cost?

thanks,

mike starling

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, That is what I did to shorten my G50-52. I paid about $250 for the tail housing and the shorter shift shaft from powerhause about 4 years ago.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Doesn't the G50/52's starter pocket have to be modified to take a high torque starter as well?

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I had to modify the flange on my Hi-torque starter so that it would bolt up to the G50-52. There are 3 bolts that secure the starter to the flange, simply remove the bolts and rotate the flange to the proper angle (so that the starter will clear the suspension and the trans), then mark the flange and starter housing. Drill new holes in the flange (I only had to drill 2 new holes because one of the existing holes lined up when I rotated the flange), and bolt the flange on then you will be able to bolt the starter up to the trans. You will have to use a Porsche flywheel and pressure plate as well. I got everything including a cable shifter (that works very well), from Kennedy Engineering.

Back