New Monocoque Roof

I have just completed new steel inner and outer roof panels to a pattern from an original Abbey Panels car, for my and chris,s monocoque chassis. I have a few extra pressings available. I have to trim the panels to shape and can supply from mid January. This was the first off the press and i have rough trimmed it for the picture.
I will post more pictures later.

Attachments

• 26836-DSCF0148a.JPG
    26836-DSCF0148a.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 539

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
YEEEEHAA !!!!!
Fantastic work Roy...well done great to see someone actually execute an idea and bring it fruition and silence the talkers and naysayers......
Keep it up mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Fran,
I should have posted that I have also made the 3 inner pieces that make up the rear support within the roof.
I will start on the tooling for the A and B pillars next and post the pictures when the peices are made.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Very cool Roy! If you can get the hardest part done first, the rest will be cake! I am duly impressed. Chris and you are the Thor Heyerdahls of the GT40 world in my opinion.

Yes ! What Lynn said. If a Thor Hyperdoll is a good thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Guys
In addition to the roof panels Roy and I also are in the process of making the original pin drive hubs for the original uprights.
We hope to announce more original pattern items as they become available.

Regards
Chris.

Attachments

• 26901-front hubs.jpg
    26901-front hubs.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 495
We also have the peddle boxes

regards
Chris

Attachments

• 26903-Pedalbox.JPG
    26903-Pedalbox.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 491
Chris and Roy

This is amazing stuff - the next thing we know there will be a replica full size Le Mans race track tucked away somewhere in Suffolk or Surrey.

Keep up the fantastic work - I can't wait to see these cars when they're finished.

Rob

Chris,
here is one of the front hubs completed to original spec,
a few from the first batch are for sale

Attachments

• 26905-frnthuba.JPG
    26905-frnthuba.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 466

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Roy, Chris, beautiful work. I just sent Roy a private message. Please contact me as soon as practical to discuss my project needs. Thanks Gregg

Hi Guys
In answer to your questions Roy and I have ordered two chassis from David Brown and we have had the parts made for the build of these chassis. I also needed original pattern parts for my alloy car that I purchased after I had already ordered the Dave Brown chassis.

So now I will have two monocoques to build (economy of scale) I don't think so.
Regards
Chris.

Here is one of the inner roof pressings after trimming to shape.Only have a couple of spare sets left now

Attachments

• 27845-inroof.JPG
    27845-inroof.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 505
Back