Audi Trans Factory Rebuild BuyItNow=$299.00

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Yet another Audi Transaxle on eBay
43_1.JPG

This is a factory VW rebuilt transmission that I bought at an out of business auction. This transmission will fit a 1985 VW Quantum 5 speed or a 1984 Audi Coupe 5 speed. The part # is 093 300 041ZX. I'm not sure on any specs such as gear ratios etc. I called the dealer once upon a while ago and they said the transmission lists for $1199.00. It has never been installed and still has the protective cosmolene on it as you can see in the pictures. It measures 16" X 17" X 29", weighs 100 pounds and will be coming from 93611 zip code (Fresno, CA area).

Click Here for more pics on eBay post

Ron Earp

Admin
Didn't notice that. I looked at the side pic and the front view only, it looked like it would definitely bolt up as a spitting image. I did notice the shaft but there is also a hole in the same place as mine I assumed was for a slave.

Ron

You're right. They're real close...might be able to
convert to hydraulic clutch using 016 parts.
But I can't swear the bolt patterns are the same.
My 016 has (3) bolts holes on the top of the housing and this one only has (2).

But it sure makes me wonder whether the 093 gears/shaft
are the same! That 3Q tranny looks mightly tempting
(2.84 1.52 .90 .64 .48). If a tranny could be had
cheap it would be worth buying just to check the gears.

This one seems to be stamped 3Z...no idea what gears...

MikeD

I Know that i am about three years too late to post a coment to this!!
This is an 093 transaxle, as i have one with a 3Z stamping on it, it is a close ratio one out of a 1984 audi coupe! I also have another 093 that has a WV stamping on it, and and older 013 transaxle out of an 1984 audi 89GTE. The 013's are exactly the same as the 016's, apart from the shifter out of the box of the casing, and not the side. 013's have the shifter out the back also, they are the ones that do not have as many bolt holes on top of the bellhousing. The older looking )13 that i have has a totally different bellhousing, it seems to have a few more strengthening ribs in the casting, much like the bellhousing of an old 014 4-speed that i have seen. If anyone knows the exact ratio of a 3Z transaxle, please let me know, as i am trying to balance the gearing of a project i am building by juggling the right tyre diameter. Cheers

Back