Camcoating exhausts in the UK

Brian Magee

Supporter
I didn't know that was on there. Yes that is my engine bay.

I had my headers coated by them a few years ago and was very pleased with the service and the finish. However after some use the coating went matt on the front pipes near the heads due to being in a less cooled area. I sent them back sometime later to be re-coated. When the came back to me they had rings round some of the pipes. It looks like they put them in a bath to remove the old coating but had not fully submerged them which left the marks. The new coating has also gone matt in the same places as before. The finish on the outside is Cermakrome They are coated internally with a black finish. Other than that I am happy with the finish.

Brian.

Brian,

Thanks for the info, very informative. I assume that this type of coating is the same as, or someties referred to, as 'Jet hot'?

This must be the only place in the UK that can apply this coating?

Julian,
I used this company to coat my exhaust system & I must say I was not impressed. Although not a new set of pipes, they were badly prepared & the coating was "peeling" on several pipes when they were returned & 2 pipes had grinding marks on them that were not present when I sent them on.

Julian,
I had my exhaust pipes cermakromed by camcoat and also had problems with the quality, like Paul, my pipes were returned with marks on them and also had runs in the coating.
I sent them back and asked for the faults to be rectified, but they were returned only part corrected. In general the coating has performed well but seems to gradually fail near the exhaust ports due to heat

Thank you all for your posts. I telephoned the company yesterday to enquire about price etc & they did admit to me they had some problems backalong, but are apparentley sorted now.

I'll give Zircotec a call aswell, thanks for the link Paul.

My headers are a bit rusty, mainly surface, at the moment, so I guess anything will be an improvement!

I guess there are no real alternatives here? Wrapping the pipes looks nice if it's done properly, but is expensive & speeds corrosion & anything that comes out of a spray can seems to last about 5 minutes!

I'll make some more enquiries & see what I can find out!

Back