Last minute Christmas shopping idea?

What do you suppose the reserve is?
What does a restored D-type sell for?
Would you pay substantially more because it's not?

MikeD

I would pay significantly more for a TRULY ORIGINAL car than an over restored ORIGINAL car.
At Monterey this year there was an unrestored Alfa that was around 70 years old and looked fantastic with its dry leather and cracked paint and the owner still drove the wheels off it on the track.........SUPERB....
I hope the future owner of the D type has the sense to leave well alone and have probably the only true unrestored D type in the world and the look of the car can tell all the romantic stories we care to imagine.

I would hope the car reaches at least 1.5 million but closer to 1.2 million is probably nearer the mark....just wish I had 1.2 million to buy it....now I am really dreaming big.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fran Hall, dreaming BIG, now how would I know That!!

Vic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Careful Big Un .......I am not the one getting an XJ13..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Oh I ALMOST forgot and a V12 roadster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I wonder if the present owner has considered the capital

gain? $9925 new, now 35 years later, and out of the barn at

$1 million plus??? OUCH!!! Likely to be $165K in capital

gain taxes!

The Internal Revenue Service will love this guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

They don't have capital gain on motor vehicles in OZ as most go down and not up, and the capital loses would far outweigh the few capital gains!!!

ebay charges $40 ,, yes 40 to list a car. once a car has a bid (if no reserve ) another charge is added consisting of another 40. If there is a reserve the 40 charge is only added once the reserve is hit,, so total 80 dollars, the only other fees is,, extra pictures,, or "motors gallery" which is another 99. I think you do real well compared to christies on a car like this,,hahah On other stuff ebay gets a percentage of the final price,, on cars it does not !
regards,,, Dan

Back