Eben Greyling's CAV GT40

Eben Greyling\'s CAV GT40

Looks like there's been another CAV for sale - South African businessman Eben Greyling's big buck CAV racer went under the hammer this week following his downfall. CAV had done a lot of work on this car and it featured on their website.

Investors' hopes pinned on auction

Anyone know what it fetched?

Rob

Re: Eben Greyling\'s CAV GT40

Although most of Eben Greyling's cars and bikes (3 Mercs, 4 Harleys, etc) were put up for auction on 19 December after he was sequestrated (with debts of nearly $15m), his CAV GT40 race car was the only vehicle held back for auction at a later date - the estimate is R400,000 ($58k or £33k).

Rob

Brian Magee

Supporter

When Eben was over here in England in the early Seventies persuing a life as a racing driver, he came to me to have some stickers (decals) produced. I delivered these but never got paid for them before he gave up and returned to South Africa. Looks like it was the start of something big. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brian.

Brian

Looking at Eben's life (and his CAV in the image below), I think you can say without doubt that the wheels have well and truly fallen off...

5362-400x500.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rob

Hi Paul

Apparently the knock off just came loose and the wheel parted company at speed - not sure if the thread was handed the wrong way but the spinners were supposedly safety wired on - other damage was minimal but he was lucky.

Rob

Back