Autosport Show at NEC - anyone going??

Hi all -

The Autosport show at NEC Birmingham is on between Jan 6th and 11th 2004.

Thur/Fri are open to MSA License Holders Only + Bona-Fide Trades

Sat/Sun are open to all.

I shall be going on the Friday (9th) - who else is planning to go?

Tickets can be booked/reserved at SHOW DETAILS

So, get your bargains and remember, its often worthwhile to haggle on price.

(Malc is our club 'Expert Haggler' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Meet up at lunchtime for a chat??

Answers here please.....

Re: Roaring Forties at the NEC

I see that Roaring Forties of Castle Donington is exhibiting at the Autosport Show - and still using the RF name... This is the firm that GTD's Spencer Marsh was involved in after everything went sour. Anyone had any dealings with this firm lately?

I'll be there but not sure which day.

Cheers

Rob

I'll be there on Thursday & V. much looking forward to seeing the 917 Graham!

Rob, I also spotted a company called Roaring forties will be in attendance & have been wondering 'which' roaring forties it is!

Last year they were promoting a race series for 2004 using CAV 40's & had one on show.

Attachments

• 27906-RORFORT-small.jpg
    27906-RORFORT-small.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 267
Re: Roaring Forties at the NEC??

Hi Julian

Looks like CAV is building the cars for the Roaring Forties GT40 race series. Anyone got 200,000 euros to burn?

[ QUOTE ]
The 1960s were the heyday for sports car racing - and nothing reflects that era more strongly than the Ford GT 40.

In 2004, "high net worth" individuals (and/or those with access to around 200,000 Euros for the season) can re-live those days when the Roaring Forties hit the tracks.

24 replicas of the GT 40, hand-built by CAV, and each powered by a 302 cubic inch (5 litre) Ford V8 developing some 350 bhp, will comprise the field for the 2004 series.

Your entire racing weekend - at places like Brands Hatch, Estoril, Jarama, Le Mans, Monza, Nurburgring, Spa and Zandvoort - will be planned to maximise your enjoyment of the total experience. The weekend's racing programme will be designed to give you the maximum time in your car on Saturday and Sunday, leaving you free for the rest of the week. At the end of the season, you will be given your car.

For more detailed information about this tremendous initiative, contact Nigel at Roaring Forties Ltd, 4 Shirley Close, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2XB.
Tel +44 (0) 1332 811 000
Fax +44 (0) 1332 391 284
email [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also see ERO Roaring Forties. Interesting.

Cheers

Rob

Ron Earp

Admin

So my understanding is that this program is not sponsored, approved or sanctioned by CAV?

It simply appears as if someone has purchased the cars, arranges the races, and then collects the cash from you to drive the cars. At the end you get the car, or what is left of it after the "season".

[ QUOTE ]
... someone has purchased the cars, arranges the races, and then collects the cash from you to drive the cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, alternatively, first collects the cash from you, then arranges the races, and then gets the cars built /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Either way, it will make for some interesting racing - if it gets off the ground.

Rob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

I thought Mr Logan had put this one (the name - RF Ltd) to sleep. Seems not though. Additionally I thought that CAV had dissociated themselves last time this one surfaced. You could buy a really top spec car and have a lot of fun racing it without getting into this sort of committment.
Dave M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
this sort of

The name "Roaring Forties" might be a bit tough to secure,

as it is technically an auto racing series being advertised

here, not a particular automobile. Two completely different

animals! "Pond scum" who skirt the law this way, usually

pay in spades, at the end of the day.

J. Cheever Loophole

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

At least WE know. It may be interesting to see who the 'man power' is on the stand. (I use 'man' in the loosest possible sense).
Dave M

It will be very interesting to see who they think will be supplying their cars, it will very definately NOT be CAV, we will meet up with you on Friday and find out. Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Hi Paul,
I hope to go on Friday as well so it would be super to put some faces to names. Is there an RV point or will everybody wear carnations ?
Graham,
I would love to have a conducted and detailed tour of your machine if thats possible?
Frank,
thanks for your input re CAV and RF Ltd - they never got off the ground in 2003 so how on earth do they think they can manage it again in 2004. Maybe there was enough controversy last year regarding our very good friends in New Zealand, Suzanne and Clyde and the word spread that all was not as it might be regarding RF Ltd staff at the NEC. Just an uncharitable thought, which is out of character at this time of year. I must try harder.....
Dave M
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'll be going on the thursday waiting for my kit next august but would like to see hi spec brakes as they hopefully will have a rear handbrake conversion/add on for their four and six pot calipers any body else going on the thursday?

Hi Chris,

I spoke to hi-spec at last years autosport about their four pot caliper with integral handbrake & they told me it was in development, so I guess it is available now?? Certainly hope so!

David Morton,
Although i look forward to meeting you at the show there is no way that i will be able to give "conducted and detailed" tours of the 917 in such a packed and busy environment.Serious enquiries i,ll be happy to deal with after the show in the peace of the workshop but it is just not physically possible at the show to go into long winded details with so many people about.Please be aware that i am representing the Sports Racing @ GT Series (part of the 750 MC) and Gulf as well as the 917 so it is going to be busy finding time for everyone.
Regards ,
Graham @ GTA Racing.

Last year I took a few pictures at the show,
I think we know who the chap on the seat is

Attachments

• 28202-DSCF0076web.JPG
    28202-DSCF0076web.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 323

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Ok Graham,
Thank you for your reply.
I too have a very busy schedule on Friday and now Saturday as well, so I might not have time anyway.
Dave M

Roy
Thanks for putting the paper bag over my head in your photo, so that there was no chance of people thinking I was associated with this operation!!

Or was it just that your camera couldn't cope with my handsome features? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back