GTD modified rear wishbone mounts

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have been looking thru old posts for the last 2 hours and I give up. Does anyone remember the pictures of the rear suspenion on a GTD that showed how someone had modified their rear wishbone mounts.

I think the car was red and it may have been Pauls. If I remember correctly the top locations were raised slightly but I can't recall how the bottoms were done.

This may have been about lowering the gearbox and engine.

If someone could post some pictures of their suspenion modifications they would be most welcome. I have been reading Derek Bells article on GTD suspention mods and I was wondering if the pictures I remember showed how somebody had done Bells mods.

Thank you in advance

Howard Jones

Howard, have a look at the pictures of Andrew Fordyces GTD which has had the Engine/gearbox lowered by 80mm, which involves cutting and reforming the rear chassis, widening it to allow the gearbox to lower between the rails, and repositioning the rear suspension. The lower rear A arms are shortented and the top mounts modified. Frank

Howard,
here are a few of pics of the mods I did to my car.
I moved the top link up, fabricated a new crossmember to hang the box from.
Removed the rear section of the chassis and fabricated an undertray and rear deck support frame.
The wishbones are scratch built, the uprights are GTD racing. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 27948-DSCF0013a.JPG
    27948-DSCF0013a.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 387

Howard Jones

Supporter
Julian and all my GTD friends, Thats it! Again this forum and our cousins across the pond have come thru! You can't put a value on people like this. My only regret is I can't shake your hands and buy you all a beer.

SOOO............. I'll have one now and raise my pint to you!!!!

Thanks My Friends!!!!

Howard JOnes

Back