G50/52 Clutch ... how does it work?

OK Guys,

The pressure plate is in as part of the G50/52 package I bought. The pressure plate is a Fichtel&Sachs Type GMF Z 240 147 204 F&S 10 87 and the clutch disk is a segmented (8 parts to a side) Sachs disk. The throw out bearing is an F&S Typ KZI-2.

The gearbox input pinion is has 23 teeth. The ring gear that bolts to the flywheel has 132 teeth.

The pressure plate is a multi-fingered type. It appears that the clutch is engaged when the fingers are relaxed inward. That is, releasing the clutch would require that the fingers be pulled away from the disk and flywheel.

As a result, I am thinking there is a piece missing that goes behind the fingers and through to the transaxle side. Or ... the throwout bearing isn't correct.

Can someone explain to me how this fella works? Please.

Also, those who have KEP adapters on their Ford small blocks ... what sort of problems would/could there be in using this clutch with the KEP adapter. (KEP seemed uncertain if it would work with their flywheel.)

Would sincerely appreciate any comments, guidance or help you might provide before I call KEP back.

Thanks VERY much,

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Mike,

Call Ian at:

Call toll free in the USA 1 866 944 7883
Local number 1 954 968 3766 (SOUTH FLORIDA)
www.944ONLINE.COM

He is a good guy and very helpful! He knows Porsches inside and out.

Bye the way, if anyone is in the market for a brand new, turbo charged Lotus engine, give Ian a call also. He got stuck with several of them. They are complete with ECU, spark plugs, absolutely every thing. Email me for pics. or ask Ian for them.

Back