Unstarted GT40 body and chassis in England on eBay

And a Stewart Warner Fuel Pump, pair of Bendix pumps (ex Smokey Yunick!?) and pair of headlights on ebay too

SW fuel pump
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451585425

Bendix fuel pumps
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452517684

Headlights
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452062142

Oh and a fuel filler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452112218

Normal caveats apply but nobody better bid on the bendix fuel pumps as I'm buying them!!!

Chuck Ward

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Both Jim Dunham and Larry Dent have bid on the fuel pump,
I wonder if they know they are bidding against each other.....?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: Unstarted GT40 body and chassis in England on

The filler cap above is not a GT40 cap. It is rounded, not flat, and more suitable for a Cobra or others.

Regards,
Lynn

PS Still no photos on the GT40 project.

Bit of extra info re the unbuilt chassis in UK on ebay. According to the seller it is a KVA C type, Mark 3. He said something about it being the Le Mans / Shelby bodywork (didn't make much sense to me if it is a Mark 3). The chassis is rolling with Shelby? wheels, and the tub is all properly panelled.
He was planning to put a 220hp 4 cylinder engine in it, which is built, with a hewland box? which was never purchased.
He was aiming to use interior parts from the new Ford GT. Another project has now taken his attention.
Could be a cheap start for building a 40 from ground up.

Dont think it'll be that cheap. Just spoke to him as well, he told me his reserve was set at £10,000 ! seems a bit steep for a body, chassis, uprights and wheels!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
More info on the car for sale
It is a KVA chassis made in 1989 - I was told C Type as designedfor racing!
It has a Renault 30 box with it - anyone know if these are any good?
It has a 220hp light eight dry sump Vauxhall engine (by QED) with it - says the engine is worth £2500 by itself
He said it was pannelled -I asked about the floor and was told only the bulkheads were done????
The car is in Milton Keynes and is being sold by Gerald Webb - anyone know any more info about it and is the £10k asking price any good? I believe Brett has a similar car - almost sold and nothing like this price.

Ian

I nearly bought a Tornado the other day MUCH more advanced than this, with lots of bits. That was only 7K.
A fully completed and roadgoing GTD sold on Ebay UK before Xmas for just over 13K
IMHO this car is worth 4-5K (again, this is MY opinion)

Howard Jones

Supporter
You can buy a NEW MDA body and chassie kit for 9500 pounds with all alum pannels fitted along with fitted brake lines . This includes all suspensions parts along with all body pannels. It is my opinion that the current MDA is a MUCH better car than a old KVA. What you are looking at is a spaceframe and body pannels that were just about the beginning of the KVA-GTD-MDA line of cars. The current MDA has the benefit of a decade or two of developement. If I could get a KVA spaceframe and all the fiberglass bodypannels for a couple thousand dollars or less I might use it as a low dollar way to begin a project. But it would be a true design and fabicate you own stuff thing. Not for the assembler type beginner.

You don't want the powertrain he has for sale. There are UN-1's for sale overthere in the UK that would be a much better choice for a gearbox. One of these cars MUST have a SB Ford in it. The ford to renault combo is proven and there is a suport group of owner/builders available right nextdoor in the UK.

Keep looking, Good luck.

My opinion.....

It is still a KVA, the suspension front and back may be out and have to be reworked, as will the shock mounts on the front. The left side of the car will in average be about 10mm higher than the left (thanks Gary, mine is BTW). Bin the engine and gearbox. Depending on the shocks used I'd offer him 3K MAX. But as a opt-out I'd also wait for the pics and maybe a better description....

If anyone does buy it they can always contact me, StuartB or Gary of GM models, as we are currently doing the do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brett

Looks like an interesting project for someone with the skills to complete.

It's on it's wheels, which is a good starter & the C type KVA chassis is reported to be the best of the early spaceframes.

Agreed the engine is a poor choice, I'm sure it makes sense when you look at the power to weight ratio, but any GT40 rep has gotta have a V8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd say it's worth buying minus the 'four banger' but no way is it worth 10K IMO.. I think GT40 Guy's price estimate is more like it, but still a little high..... you sometimes see running, road legal cars for 13-14K

Julian,
Even though it is on wheels I would still be dubious... If it has rubber bushes will allow tolerance as I discovered. All the front suspension points were 'drunk' and will need reworking.

Still a good project for someone though.

Brett

Hmm....I'm finding this post kind of amusing. I bought about the same car/kit for the same price. (sure it wasn't too cheap then Simon) ;o) Anyway, point is if you are not located in the UK, access to partially started kits is very limited. So, 10k in sterling might seem high to you guys, but then again you can buy a Tornado pretty cheap new these days. Someone will step up, Scott

BTW, the KVA style frame makes it a LOT easier to put in a big block than say a GTD-style. ;o)

Brett

I think the reserve of £10k might have put people off... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob

If he manages to get over 10K for that, there`ll be a few more on there next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's now £7,100 and, as expected, the reserve has not yet been met. If I was a manufacturer I'd soon be contacting the two highest bidders to tell them about what else is available ...

Rob

Back