A monocoque chassis or not?

My dad just bought A 2001 CAV GT40 from Fact5Racer,but we haven't got it home yet.I would like to no if anbody knows if its a monocoque or a tube frame chassis?

Isn't that something you ask before you buy it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, if it's the one that was listed on eBay ("It''s recorded vin is 0439sblau66"), it would appear to be a tube frame. The monocoques have MONO in the VIN number...

Ian Clark

Supporter
Either way it's a cool car, suggest that your dad has it checked over by the CAV dealer closest to where you live. Enjoy the new wheels:)

Ron Earp

Admin
I thought is wasa tube frame car but now I can't remember. He was excited when he got it and posted picutres on this site. If you can find pics under the skin we can tell you easily.

It is a space frame car. You can upgrade the cabin rear window to the later design, which is larger, and then you will be able to use an inside rear view mirror. I did this to my car and it made a huge difference. Enjoy the new toy!

The car which was owned by fact5racer was definitely a spaceframe car if you need any more help on the car please contact me directly
Bob Lacey

Thanks guys for the info on the CAV. I was a little disappointed to here that it is a space frame car.
I just got back home from Detroit MI. I went to see the new
Ford GT,Cobra,and the new Mustang GT.They all looked very nice, and in september when the mustang comes out I think I will buy one.
Thanks again guys my dads CAV. GT40 should be here sometime this week.

Back