NOT A NEW MEETING but a new time and venue

Last night was the regular meeting of the Hertfordshire chapter of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. This post is on behalf of Allan Feldman who cannot at present log on the Forum.

This meeting is going from strength to strength. And will also be going to move to a new venue soon!

Last night we had no less than 3 people who are taking delivery of their Tornado body/chassis units this Spring. Also occasional visitor Lee has ordered a DRB from Australia! We have two other members with KVAs at various build stages.

NEXT MONTH the meeting will be on WEDNESDAY 4TH at the existing venue (THE WAGGONERS, The Ayots, Nr Welwyn Garden City). It will continue on the FIRST Wednesday of every month after that.

We are looking for a new venue close to the M1 about junctions 6-9 to accommodate new attendees just north of Hertfordshire. If anyone has a good suggestion we would love to hear it. We need a pub with a large flat car park (preferably visible from inside), pub grub and friendly natives.

Also it anyone wants to come to the meetings please make the effort as it is always a worthwhile evening.

David Champ

Very good meeting last night. Very informative and jovial.

Here is a map to help find it. It's down the end of an unlit narrow country lane called Brickwall Close.

map to meeting

It is a bit off the beaten track now but take a good look in daylight 'Brickwall close' has cat's eyes etc. When I first moved to WGC it was actually the main A1, favourite haunt of Dick Turpin the well known highwayman (well he existed a bit earlier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

The Wagonners pub was on the side of the London to Edinburgh road and named because of the need for horses/wagons to haul loads up the hill down to Welwyn Village. There's a pub in Welwyn called the Steamer because of the horses state after pulling loads up the hill.

Just a bit of seredipity you might find interesting.

Dave,
There's a pub on the main stretch into Harpenden called the Bell or Old Bell, its just down from J10 and has a flat car park and good space from what I remember. I'm popping over to my Dad's tomorrow so I'll take a look if you want.

Brett

Hi Brett,

I know it, having lived in Harpenden for 7 years. It's not so easy for those travelling from the south. Worth a look if you are up that way. Apparently the hotel close to J9 didn't like the idea of noisy cars waking their guests at 11pm - no soul obviously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back