Gurney heads

Have happened across a fellow who claims to have several pair of gurney heads. Anyone know what the going $$$ rate for these parts is? I'd like to know before I speak to him...he is already being a bit coy so I suspect he is over-priced.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
What I've heard is 5K-8K..very expensive and maybe not any better in performance than what's made now...but very authentic, of course.

Scott,
I have heard of heads being offered for sale with inferior casting quality, porosity being the main problem, so you need to check condition very carefully

Safir GT40 Spares, Limited has tried to purchase all of Dan's remaining stock, however , Dan does want a great deal of money to do so. The remaining parts require a huge influx of cash to be able to supply complete sets of heads. I have not been negotiating with Dan, himself, however,I have been negotiating withh someone who is very close to Dan.

These heads develope great HP and are the heads of the era. A G-W set of heads would be a great addition to any car. However, Dan thinks that a complete set of heads is worth more than I have seen that the enthusiasts are willing to spend. Therein lies the real value of the G-W kit. If someone would wish to call me and discuss the availabilty and value of these heads, please feel free to do so.

Back