Font for GT 40 lettering

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Thanks Mark! I did a search on FONT and LETTERING, but got pages and pages of hits. What was weird was that when I did a "find _____ in this page" it would never find either. I finally gave up and put the post up.

Again, Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I was able to find a free font package for the microgramma font. Help your self if anyone wants it. There were commercial font packs that did look a touch better from $19 - $32 on the web if anyone is interested. I did a search on Microgramma Font in google and got a bunch of hits. This is the name of the commercial package: "EF Microgramma Medium Extended." To see both for fee and free fonts go here: High Fonts.Com

Regards,
Lynn

Attachments

• 29504-mcgrma.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 5,599
Looks pretty good, Lynn. I just downloaded the attachment and taught myself how to load fonts into Windows, then fired up Word to give it a try. Definitely looks pretty close to pictures I've seen of the original font used on the lower sills of the GT40. In Word, it looks a little better to me with two spaces between "Ford" and "GT". It also looks very nice in italics (perish the thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

I guess at some point I'll have some variant of this cut in vinyl for my car. Is there a pretty good selection of vinyl colors for this task? I'd like to find a blue that's close to my Daytona Blue stripes and wheels, or else I guess I'd have to have this stenciled and painted on (at significant cost, I would think).

I was able to find a free font package for the microgramma font. Help your self if anyone wants it. There were commercial font packs that did look a touch better from $19 - $32 on the web if anyone is interested. I did a search on Microgramma Font in google and got a bunch of hits. This is the name of the commercial package: "EF Microgramma Medium Extended." To see both for fee and free fonts go here: High Fonts.Com

Regards,
Lynn

Thank you a lot of man :drunk:

Back