TCC - Austin, TX Gathering...Feb 28th

Devin

Supporter
I thought I would post this as a possible event for our GT-40 bothers out there to attend. One or two GT-40s have attended in past years and are most certainly welcome!

Here is the press release details:

The Texas Cobra Club (TCC) celebrates the spirit of the Shelby Cobra by sharing a passion for this legendary race car. Club members from all across Texas build, customize, race & drive Shelby Cobra replicas from one of several replica manufacturers.

Several times a year, area & statewide events are hosted to get together & raise the hoods, check out the newest additions, talk shop & generally share the fun & fellowship of other Cobra enthusiasts. It's also a real kick to watch the heads turn & the jaws drop when 50 or 60 Cobras rumble down the road. For more information on the Texas Cobra Club, feel free to follow the links on the web site to view photos & learn more about past gatherings, upcoming events, current members & their Cobras.

http://www.texcobra.addr.com/

2004 Austin Spring Meet: The TCC is having their fifth annual spring meet here in Austin on February 28th (Saturday) at the Austin Marriott North Hotel - Round Rock, TX. The time of this event will start at the hotel from 9:30am until 11:15 noon. A planned lunch from 12:00-2:00pm at El Arroyo’s restaurant located in Bee Cave, TX. A cruise through the Texas Hill Country will begin at 2:00pm from Bee Cave, Dripping Springs, Wimberley, Driftwood, Oak Hill, and back to the hotel in Round Rock. This year we are expecting 80+ Cobras and 200+ members, families, and friends to attend.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Close to my trip to Austin, but not exact.(early Feb.) Miss the chance. I had a chance to see hundreds(or thousands?) of Harleys few years ago in Austin, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sounds like you picked a really nice route to travel. I'll have to see is my friend in Austin is planning to attend. I doubt my car will be running by then, unless I take the month of February off work to finish!

Devin

Supporter
Pat,

You are certainly welcome to bring a partially completed car. Everyone will still be all over it!

I brought my cobra to the first one they had and I had just barely gotten it running and looking like a cobra.

It wasn't even road legal yet and only had a driver's seat in it. I trailered it down the 4.5hr drive to Austin just to enjoy everyone else's cars and knew others wouldn't mind seeing one in a partially completed stage.

I would really enjoy seeing yours (or anyone else's for that fact) there so I can take some good pics and chat with you about your experiences on the build. I am in the "research" phase and am trying to get smart on the GT-40 replica kits as well as by my time to save for it in the next few years.

I am in the AF here in Abilene and am expecting an assignment within the next year or so and am waiting to see if it will be an overseas assignment or staying stateside.

Look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Devin

Everyone is invited...Snakeeyes brought his GTD40 last year and did the cruise with us...this year we expect 3 of the new SPF Coupes to make it...I will have my Cobra there and in future years(when they come out) will have my SPF MKI there.

Its not about the cars its about the people..been all 5 years...you don't want to miss the parking lot party on Friday night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm coming there with my GT. Looking forward to it. Pat, if my wife doesn't go along you can join me for the ride up and back. If the weather's decent one day this weekend, I was going to give you a call anyway and bring the car around and see your machine.

Chuck

That sounds great! This sounds like something I definitely need to take a look at. Chuck, I would love to see your toy. After so many months any added inspiration is most welcome.

Chuck, glad to hear you'll be bringing your '40 to the event. Last year I had the only one and she was kinda lonely. I'm working on upgrading my GTD's a/c right now and should have it finished in time, in which case I'll be bringing it, along with my JCF Cobra. Between the 80+ Cobra kits, one or more Daytona replicas, and our GT40's, it should make for a great picture and an even better Hill Country cruise--

You know maybe I should think long and hard about getting a GT40....that would put me in the company of Snakeeyes on more than one car...and no Bob I am not going for a lister next /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt, you do credit to whatever you drive--your ERA has only gotten nicer since you acquired it--so have at it. The more neat cars, the merrier--

Devin

Supporter
So...it sounds like 2 complete 40's and one partial build coming so far?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's great! Lets keep recruiting. The more the better. This way I don't have to drive all over Texas to visit you all and see everyone's 40 for my research of a possible future kit purchase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seriously though, I think this is going to be a great time and a weekend to remember (if the alcohol doesn't make it too foggy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Bob you know i love giving you crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh and my friends from Tulsa called...the only thing thats going to hold them back from Austin is a blizzard...ooohhh are you going to like this car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pat, I sure will. I've been fortunate to have been able to go every year since the first one in 2000. It's grown from about 12 Cobras and thirty people to one of the larger Cobra (and Cobra-related) meets in the U.S. The people make it fun, though, and there are some real characters in the TCC. I should have my GT40 back together in plenty of time for the meeting. I'm just waiting to get my overflow tank back from the welder, who had to modify it so my new a/c condenser could fit under it. Once I pick that up it's just a matter of putting it all back together and charging up the a/c system...

Apologies to all. Was unable to make it due to a wedding that I really didn't want to attend but had to. Quite a bummer.

A buddy and I instead drove to see Pat's RF underway Saturday morning. Nice trip and Pat is to be commended for excellent workmanship and perseverance.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I have to say that the workmanship on your ERA is simply fantastic. It gives me something to strive for!

Sorry you guys couldn't make it. If you've looked at any of the threads or pictures on Club Cobra, you can tell we had a great time. I was looking forward to cruising with another '40 as I've never had that chance. As it was my GTD was lonely, hunkered down amidst all of the snakes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back