Bob Usher-Sparks' road/race GTD for sale

Bob Usher-Sparks\' road/race GTD for sale

Chevy engined but highly developed GTD. Lots of wins, fastest laps and a few lap records, etc, but IMHO expensive at £60,000. Usual caveats apply

Chevy engined GTD

GT40_FRONT_JPEG%20sml.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Re: Bob Usher-Sparks\' road/race GTD for sale

Wasn't this for sale a couple or three years ago as well. I had one of those photos as my desktop picture on a previous computer.

Just a quick note; This is a very highly modified GTD which I sold about seven years ago. I am not sure of what has been done to her since although the buyer, Hans, is a meticulous and most genial enthusiast.

Hi Bob

Hans says this about the car: "All in all, I had always "lusted" after a GT40 and simply jumped at the opportunity of acquiring Bob Sparks' - probably one of the most painstakingly-cost-no-object built "recreations" - I have loved it and cossetted it, but the time has come to move on."

Hans says he is "of ample girth" and he is also 6'5". He says this GT40 is not just drivable, but comfortable (albeit snug) for even XXXL drivers!!!

Hans will negotiate for a cash sale and would consider an interesting p/x (eg 4 seater convertible - "the kids have grown")

Cheers

Rob
PS I have no financial interest in the sale, and have not seen the car, but thought the above worth passing on.

Hi Rob

Thanks for the posting Rob, it made me quite nostalgic seeing 'Suzie' again as I was very sorry to let her go. I took Hans for a few laps around Goodwood and can attest to his stature - snug fit doesn't come near to describing the interior comprising two well-padded guys, one 6' the other 6'5" how we got in and eforts in getting out were sights to behold!

Back