New Guy Saying Hello

Hi everyone! Great site you've got here!

My name is John and I don't yet own a GT40, but someday I will... someday! Currently, I have two cars that I'm working on... a '68 Chevy Camaro and a 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. Both are very fun.

But, I've had the urge to build a kit car for a long time, and I've always loved the GT40. With the debut of the new Fort GT, the urge to build a kit has just about doubled!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Thus far I've been looking at a few different kits (RF, ERA, Tornado), but I probably won't be in the market to buy anything for another few years.

I'll be poking around here picking up info. Again, great site!

John
www.geocities.com/boodlefoof

Welcome aboard John!

From a relative Newbie to another be prepared this is going to become an obsession!

Presently I am absorbing info on these cars with a ferrocious apetite trying to get to a point where I can make a decision to lay cash on the line for a Kit to build and fulfill a dream that so many have already realised.

Its a great forum with lots of very informed and approachable people. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Ron Earp

Admin
Welcome to the forum John! It is really nice to see a newbie use the serach engine, use a real name, and be polite! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You are a fantastic example to our group, take care, and where in VA do you live? I'm in NC, there are some other GT40 folks where I am and some in VA. Take care,
Ron

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yes, it is an obsession... I've put more hours in on my Camaro than I can count... I've always wanted to do a kit build and can't think of a better choice than the GT40.

Well, I'm currently a student at UVA law school, but my parents moved to Midlothian (near Richmond) Virginia about 2 years ago. If all goes as planned, I'll have a job in Richmond this summer and then permanently. If you know of any GT40 guys up my way, I'd love to meet them and pick their brains about doing a build.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
John, Gary Gibbs and I are in Virginia Beach if you would like to come by and see a couple of GT40's. I have a GTD and Gary has a CAV. At the present time mine is partially disassembled and Gary's is being sorted out.

Hey Rick, that is awesome! I would be very interested in seeing your GT40s in person... especially since I've only ever seen pictures! And, I'm sure that I could swing a trip to VA beach at some point without much hassle.

I'll send you an email!

Thanks!

Back