Question for our English brethren - Fisher Fury

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have come across a new Fisher Fury kit that is fairly reasonably priced that I think might be a very good product for my daughter and I to get into SCCA racing and other activities with. I have no knowledge of Fisher or the quality they produce. The ad says that these have been around for quite some time in Britain; could someone bring me up to speed. The finished product looks quite nice and the car seem fairly versatile as to the running gear that can be used with it.

Thank you,
Lynn

Lynn,
My friend used to have one with a tuned 2Ltr Zetec iin it. Went very well. Good little car. A lot of people are using bike engines in them now. I have a small vid clip of it running. I'll send you if you want.

Brett

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: Question for our English brethren - Fisher Fur

Sure, Brett, I'd like to take a look at it. This just seems like it would be a fun low cost racer for my daughter to lean in and for me to play with occasionally.

Regards,
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Great choice. When I raced in the 750MC Kit car championship I had many fantastic races against Fury's. It's a brilliant choice for a low-cost club racer, using many production car parts on a lightweight & well developed spaceframe chassis & a 'sorted' one will go like hot snot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The car was originally designed by Jeremy Philips at Sylva, and made under License by Fisher Sportscars & also The Kitcar Workshop. It's also a very pretty car, a nice alternative to a '7 clone'. I'm told that the manufacturers are very obliging and can accomodate just about any type of engie/trans. Motorcycle engined varieties are very popular in the UK at the moment & the 750 club also host a very competitive BEC (bike engined car) race series.

The original car was live axle and had a windscreen and doors. Since then there's been a aeroscreen version with no doors and wider rear arches (the Spyder shell) which can also be fitted with a windscreen (but still has no doors), and 2 different bonnets - there's the original classic
(which is very low and only to be used really with a X-flow), the big bulge (like the classic but, guess
what, with a big bonnet bulge) and the Le mans (big bulge and headlamps relocated to the tops of the wings).

There's now also an IRS chassis. The first IRS chassis used Chapman struts at the back - the new chassis has double wishbones and can use either a Sierra or Freelander diff.

Chet Galek is the US agent for Fisher Sportscars. www.furyous.org.

Hope this helps & let us know how you get on! BTW I should thank my friends on the Se7ens forum for much of the above info

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Lynn

Just reading the latest Which Kit Mag over here and a few are for sale
1) Spyder V8 75% omplete Range Rover 3.9EFI £4000
2)Fisher Fury Blade (Fireblade engine 6 speed) 4700 miles £8500
If you want more info send me a pm

Ian

Ron Earp

Admin

I say they had some setup for the Ford pinto engine. That means I could use a 2.3L turbo Ford motor, one of my favorites for power production. Even better yet would be to use some of the newer Honda/Toyota twin cam engines as Ariel Atom is doing now.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Lynn

The other Mag in the Uk Kit Car March 2004 has a list of previous issues that have had "makes" detailed therein.
Fisher Fury Group Test Jul97
Fisher Fury Fury and Spyder Apr99
Fisher Fury 6 page report May02
Fisher Fury (K Series) Group test report Nov98
Fisher Fury SpyderBlackbird Apr01
Fisher Fury spyder Zetec Engine Oct01
Fisher Fury V8 Group Test Report Noc98

They offer back issues at £5 per issue £13 for 3 in the UK and overseas £6 or £16 for 3 plis a further £1 per copy post

They accept the normal cards fax any order to + 44 870 112 0896

Hell I hate double pricing if you want I'll see what I can do locally - does anyone on this forum keep back issues and can pull copies?

Ian

Back