Better late than never!

Hi everyone, new chap signing on.
Well I have made my choice and emptied the savings account and hope to be taking delivery of my MDA gt40 in the very near future.I'm about to scratch an itch I've had for over thirty years. I was first bitten by the gt40 bug in my mid teens,I was serving my apprenticeship with a company which was located on the same trading estate as the Ford advanced vehicle workshops at Slough.I was walking to work because I had missed my bus, it was raining and I was soaked through,I remember feeling pretty miserable. I guess it must of been early Sat.or Sunday morning because there was nobody around, I had just passed Burnham petrol station when I heard the noise and from around the corner came three maybe more (the passage of time has fogged the memory just a little) gt40's. Wether they wre mk1's or 2,s I can't recall, I remember them being gray or silver and the guys who were driving wore white boiler suits. They drove into he petrol station to turn round and roared off passed me back up Buckingham avenue and disappeared onto the trading estate.
When I eventually arrived at work I tried telling the guys about the strange cars that I had seen and attempted to draw some sort of likeness without much success, you have to bear in mind that the Ford anglia,Cortina and Hillman Minx were the cars of the day, its no wonder that my drawings must have looked like space ships. It was only after the wins at LeMans and others around the world it all made sence, now I find myself the wrong side of fifty but as my mum would say 'god bless her'"it's better late than never".

Welcome aboard and join the club! I'm a few years behind you I think... I've personally just started researching buying a kit to build. I've also had the bug since I was a teenager... but that was only a few years ago for me.

John

Good choice. I think Mark is a great guy and very helpful to GT40 lovers. A lot of us are waiting to see one of his MDA's completed and running with the other guys.

Back