GT40 Enthusiasts Club Website

Hi everyone,

The revised web site is now up.

I am trying to build an inventory of club cars with photos so please send me details including images.

It does not support self-posting of adverts at present, but if any club member wants to add (or delete) a for sale/wanted please e-mail me on [email protected]. Please include your membership number as this is a free service to members only. Please state if you are happy for your telephone number to be listed against the ad or just e-mail.

I haven't tested it with Mac browsers so advise me of problems with these or indeed any other browsers. Any other helpful criticisms and suggestions will be gracefully accepted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I shall endeavour to update the site content regularly and continue to develop it.

David

Good start, Dave.
The redirector seems only to be running on 4 cylinders, but while they are sorting themselves out, people might like to go directly to the page.

I think it takes a while for the Domain Name Servers around the globe to update. It works fine from Hertfordshire UK now. Maybe you can check tomorrow.

We need all 12 cylinders, 12?, don't mention the F word on a GT40 site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Dave + all

Just tried the link again and all ok now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks very good,well done Dave - you have obviously put a lot of effort into it..

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Tony
Please accept my apologies if I am wrong but both sites refer to the GT40 Enthusiasts Club (I joined and am a paid up member) Hence the query why the 2 web sites for apparantly the same club? Both websites refer to the same "Officials"

If the new site is the official site the old one should be closed or called "Ken Saunders GT40Site" Or is this the start or result of some in fighting in the club?

I have also just checked the Enthusiasts Club is a registered company (Reg No 04576116) and hence would have some rights to the site name.

Ian

Ian,
Ken used to be the chairman (if I remember correctly) and the old old site used to be base don his pages. I also, believe that he is a life member of the club?

Brian or Chris or someone should be able to fil in the details, as it was prior to myself joining.

What I do know though is that I still haven't pulled my finger outto pay this years subs... sorry they willbe on their way this weekend

Brett

Ian,

This situation has existed for more than two years now and the reason is simple.

The official site is now via elysian-services which is temporarily hosting it for the club. (I expect soon the domain host will mask the address as it should be persistent as GT40EnthusiastsClub).

The Clara website should have been amended several years ago as it no longer represents the club. It is that of Ken Saunders (ex chairman) who has since moved to France. The club committee has apparently tried to get him to change the site but currently it does result in this ambiguity.

Re: Ford beats Ferrari - what again!

Dave, the index page is looking really good.
There are lots of different and interesting topics, demonstrating clear evidence of a vibrantly active club.
Keep posting to keep people coming back.
Well done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Nice updates Dave, splendid work.

Actually for those that are interested, the fuel pump failure itself was not what caused me to require assistance as the other one was still working ok. It was the fact that the working pump was pushing fuel back through the failed pump, and overflowing that tank that caused myself (& others) concern - very dangerous situation. Hence the need to be pushed, with neither pump running.

Thank you to all those who assisted me in either getting that last stretch into the showground, in helping remedy the problem, or just for giving support.

(A very appreciative) Max

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter

Hi Max,
never thought of that one, non return valves would be required on the outlet of each pump to prevent that. Does anyone have these fitted?

regards
Dave

Sorry to go off-topic here, re non-return valves in the fuel lines, I was wondering if the blue ally barrels in my fuel lines were non-return valves??

I haven't dosmantled them yet to find out, does anyone know what they are??

Re the club web-site, excellent! All the hard work really shows & the site has loads of great pictures & info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 37438-27-7-03 036.jpg
    37438-27-7-03 036.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 373

Thanks for the compliments, it makes the job worth while.

Julian, those blue elements look very much like non return valves and they are in the normal position so I'd say wihtout a shadow of doubt they are.

I managed to get some Facet pumps from Think automotive with in built one way valves. They must work as I don't have Max's problem. Interestingly they were the same price as a standard pump whereas the separate valves are quite expensive.

Regards
David

Back