Some neat tools

Came across some neat tools.Hope the pics come out OK.
912331Tools1.jpg

912348Tools2.jpg

912349Tools3.jpg

912469Camtool.jpg

Bill

Hey Guys, I found this floor jack that may be of help to a lot of GT guys. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 34381-price.jpg
    34381-price.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 307
I bought that same jack from Harbor Freight, thinking it would be perfect for the car. Sadly, it will not work on the front end unless I slip a 2x8 under the front tires. That's with an approximate height off the deck of 4.5 inches.

Ron Earp

Admin
I got that jack from Harbour Freight too and I use it on the 40, just did this weekend, both ends. So - what is different, the 40s, the jack, or ???? Also have one of their generators and it is pretty nice for the money.

R

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Same problem as Pat - the only way I can jack the front of the car up is to raise the front clip, pull on full lock, then slip the jack in just in front of the wheel.

Clearance for the jack pump lever is as big a problem as the simple vertical clearance - if only I could find a jack that had a vertical clearance of less than 120mm & a horizontal reach of about a metre !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I can slide the jack in at the front of the wheel opening and jack on the inboard A arm front mount. The first few pumps are short stroke then no problem. I have the front ride height set at 4 3/8"

Just for shits and giggles I tried to make a F1-style jack for the front but the car was too heavy for my tiny little body.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I wondered if that was you in your profile photograph.... You seem awfully young too.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you guys look closer in the lower left you will see that the ad I posted is off the front cover of a Harbor Freight catalog. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My philosophy towards tools is that you get what you pay for. I've looked at the HF stuff and it looks somewhat flimsy to me. Then again, the GT40 is a light car so it's probably not an issue.

Ron Earp

Admin
That jack is alright though. Been giving it a workout and the price is right, works well, and is every bit as functional as the $570 aluminum race jacks. IMHO. If it breaks, well, I've used it and could buy five more for the price of one of the high dollar ones.

I agree. I bought one about 8 months ago and love it. 37 lbs is great. It is also lower then my other floor jack so that I can go right under the car.

Back