Tvr owner/ thinking of gt40

Malcolm

Supporter
No-one has owned up to having switched from TVR to GTD but I do know of guys who have gone from GTD to TVR as they are more practical and allow more opportunity for more use. When the Griffiths came out, a few of our guys jumped ship. Some members also own TVRs as well as their 40's.

However if you drive a GTD to compare to a Cerberra whilst I would expect the performance to be similar, the driving experience is very differnet. Clearly I am biased to the GTD!

Try it, you may find you like it. And GTD's don't break down so often, hold their values and are cheaper to develop!

Malcolm

Malcom , thanks for the reply, If possible
I would like to come to one of your GTD meets in future. Just recently I saw programme(dream machines) where
the host Mark Evans and a team of others, built a Gt40
replica. Since then I've been smitten.
The car is simply beautiful, even by todays standards.
And the fact that it is a 40 year old design,
Is Staggering.!

Malcolm

Supporter
You would be welcome to come to any GTD40 CarClub event. Just monitor this site plus our club web site at www.gtd40club.co.uk and you can see where and when we are at various venues. better still join the club (only £30) and get our (normally) 52 page A4 quarterley magazine plus access to buy our club DVD, all 2 hours of GTD40 action!

Your personal stats don't say where you are located so can't be more helpful than this.

Regards

Malcolm

Good advice Malcolm(as always!)

Joining the club is a must. Then you can get knee deep in all things GT40! And the DVD is bloody superb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

Hi Stas my claim to fame as a gtd r42 owner is that i have been given a set of front a.p calipers and disc,s from david beckham's crashed TVR
cheers Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Back in 1996 I was at the Stowe circuit at Silverstone and a group of us went out just for some fun fast laps. Also out was the factory TVR race Tuscan. I wasn't running timing gear myself but I was told by an interested spectator afterwards that I was only 1 sec per lap behind him. Given back then my car was not as developed as now I would say that the typical road going GTD has a lot more potential in it compared to TVR's given the same pilot.

The fun thing that day was that Roy was using a borrowed crash helmet (generally not to be recommended) which slipped down and knocked his glasses off his nose. Didn't slow him down of course but really made him miss braking points, much to the concern of the spectators standing behind a rope at the rear of the run off areas!!!!

Those were the days.....

Malcolm

Thanks to all, for the replies,
Yes you are quite right
Malcom, I,m forgeting my manners. introductions should always come first.
Well, Stas for short for Anastasis, i'm of Greek origin. I'm 41 and based
in South Wales,and have always had a love for cars,
I respect everything from a Mini to a Maclaren.
I've had the pleasure of owning a few interesting cars ,
a Mk1 3.1 capri, Rover sdi v8 supercharged(home made)
Jensen interceptor, XJS V12 manual, porcshe 928s2, TVR chimeara 5.0, my present car being a TVR Cerbera 4.2. I would imagine that quite a few members have also been there ,got the T-shirt . I would very much like to be
a member ,and start the Gt40, time of my life.

Back