Passenger's foot brace

Passenger\'s foot brace

Has anybody come up with an elegant solution to fitting a footbrace in the passengers footwell? Given the length of the footwell I would assume that most passengers would find it a little uncomfortable without somewhere to brace their feet. I’ve considered a permanent solution, such as riveting or bolting a trussed device, but I’d rather have something that is easily removable/collapsible (ie. removed in seconds) so that the area ahead of the passenger’s feet can still be used for travel storage.

Re: Passenger\'s foot brace

If you only took a female with long slender legs along for a passenger you wouldn't have to worry about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a piece of 3/4" square tubing thats running down the center of the foot well - a standard part of the GTD frame. I formed a 3" high piece of aluminum that is formed so that the 2 bottom edges are touching. It looks like a big U shaped spring. This pops over that central rib and is wedged between the front off the foot box and the end of the center console where my gearshift and handbrake are located. It works well, comes out easily when required and has never moved during 10,000 miles of driving on and off the track. I wrapped mine in naugahyde material that matchs my leather on the seats.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Demon Tweeks have various 'footrests' - I think they may be called Navigators footrest or similar.I think its the sort of thing Sparco might make/
Dave M

One in my Lola.

Attachments

• 32638-Cnv0905.jpg
    32638-Cnv0905.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 340
Back