Cav on Ebay - USA

Usual caveats apply.

Spaceframe CAV on Ebay

e9_4.JPG

Cheers

Rob

That's actually a MONO car, not a spaceframe. It is the one I drove in San Diego before purchasing mine. It has a 347 stroker and EFI. Runs well. Sold me on mine!

Devin

Supporter
BUYER BEWARE...on any EBay cars.

I think this car's pic (at least) has been involved in an internet/Ebay scam.

I did a search last night on GT40s since this car's auction was no longer available and ran across another add that looked just like the original ad for this same car.

The original ad had it listed a starting bid of $20K and the ad I saw last night had it listed as $8,599 with a BUY IT NOW option for $8,600.

I wrote the "seller" an email to ask them what the catch was and this is the email I got back today:

"Hello and thank you for contacting me

I will tell you a few words about the car..
First of all the car is fully restored and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no schrach on and hasn't been involved in any accident.
The motor runs very well. This is a clasic car that has a lot of the original parts and thr tires are almost new.
The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.
The car belongs to my brother.He died two weeks ago in a bike accident.
The car is now in Germany as my brother lived there.I am now here as i took care of the funerals.
Because i can't carry all his things back home i am selling them.
I am willing to sell it and shipp it to any of the UE countries or to US.I will not ship to any African,Asian or Eastern European countries.
I know that the price is low but i have no use for the car and I want to get back home as soon as i sell it.
I want to sell the car asap so I am willing to pay 25% of the shipping fees nomatter of the location.
I require a deposit of 3000USD.The money is a reservation for the car.First one who makes the deposit will be the buyer.I need the deposit to be sure that you want the car and in order to proceed with shipping and all the aditional export taxes.
I wait your further questions and i will provide any infos you need.

Thank you

Regards"

I'll leave it up to you to decide but they obviously they don't know a thing about GT40s and the fact that the one pictured had to be a replica...not and "all original" and needed no restoration!

Devin

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Potential scams on Ebay often cite Western Union or Moneygram as the preferred payment and I have been involved in tracing with Ebay as I have received countless offers of Ducati 999 bikes - probably more than have been made.
Much of the tracing ends up in Romania so be careful out there guys. God help the European dream of Unity if Romania is involved. Having spent some time in Hungary and got to know some really super people, they all despair about Romania. They are the thieves and prostitutes of Europe.
Be careful.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Dave M

It's a scam--seller's "reply" is a carbon copy of others that have been discussed, e.g., on club cobra site.

TT

I don't think we should be so quick to label this offer a scam. This poor unfortunate seller probably just needs a helping hand. If anyone is afraid to deal with him directly, just send me $5000 cash. I will guarantee that your money will be used well.

Back