289 Alternator Bracket

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Can anybody point me to a source for an original or repro 289 alternator bracket as described in the JW Automotive Parts List - part number GT40/P/3/3500.
Any advice would be very welcome.

I don't have a copy of the JW Automotive parts list - is this bracket something different from the standard Ford bracket?

There are actually two Ford parts: the triangular mounting bracket, which has a 10156 part number (e.g., C6OE 10156-A) and the adjusting bracket, which has a 10145 part number (e.g., C5AE 10145-A).

Does this help?

Hmmm... I just looked at the parts manual in Legate's book, which is for the Mk III I believe, but does show a picture of that very part, and identifies it with the same number (3/3500). It's definitely NOT the standard 10156 bracket...

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Mark IV,
You are on the ball again.
Auto Art has some nice pieces there and a few of us have tried emailing them several times recently and received no reply.
I will call them this week and if they have them in - do you want one ?

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ben,
Thanks for the posting and the photo. This is exactly what I am looking for. It is obviously designed for heavy duty, unlike most of the after market jewelry. I have tried several times to contact Auto Art - to no avail.
I know these things are as rare as rocking horse number two's, but do you know of any sources of these original brackets ?
If so, I sure would appreciate the advice.

Hello Jimmymac.
As i think that you are aware of is that it is hard to get in contact with the guys at autoart. The reson is that they are not used to e-mailing. Yes they are lazy! But since I entered their GT40 project, I will be the one to contact thrue this great forum. The alternator bracket that you are discussing when it comes to the one that Autoart is displaying on their "homepage", it is not avilable as a "one and only" piece, we would like to have as many asd possible to order from us. The forging company we use are very much interested in casting as many as possibly. The Mold is of course in our "hands"!!
Best regards from Lars Palmkvist.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Lars,
What would be the minimum batch quantity which your foundry will cast ?.
I am pretty sure a few of us on this forum would like this part made.
Any other guys out there interested ?

Hi all,
we also have the alternator bracket pattern tooling and all the other aluminium casting patterns. we have cast and machined prototypes and will be ble to supply from june onwards. All pieces are CNC machined in fixtures that allow machining in one setup to maintain accuracy and top quality. All parts are heat treated. Serious enquires via e-mail.

Back