XtremeClassics - GTD and CAV splitter & sill ext.

I am putting the finishing touches on the "plug" for the GTD and CAV front splitter and hope to have them in carbon fiber within 3 weeks.

The ERA splitter can be seen here.

The ERA splitter is similar in appearance to the GTD and CAV. But there are differences due to different cross-sections of the different original GT40s from which the different makers have pulled their molds. Functionally they are all the same: clipping the air flow parallel to the bottom of the car and protruding slightly forward of the lower radiator opening.

Rocker panel sill extensions that fit the GTD, CAV and ERA should also be available by the end of the March, 2004.

For your enjoyment.

Mark

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: XtremeClassics - GTD and CAV splitter & sill e

Mark,

I you get a blem, which will no doubt happen eventually, or want to layup a plain glass version, I would like to trial fit it on my car which should give a good idea if they will work on KVA and/or Sabre cars. Either way, I can send it back also.

If my plans all work out with the Dart motor and the G50/50, I am going to absolutely have put something like this chin splitter on my car if it is ever going to reach the potential of the drive train. Theoretically, the car should be able to achieve 200mph easily, by aerodynamically, I know it is not ready to go that fast with me in it.

Thanks,
Lynn

Mark,

Are you able to open your front clip

without bottoming out the splitter?

How are the diffuser and sill extensions coming along?

Any ideas on pricing yet?

Bill

Bill,

If I set my front ride height at 5.5" and the rear at 6" the splitter clears the ground with the nose open. I have not been able to check this clearance on the GTD and CAV splitter yet.

The sill extensions should be ready end of March / mid April.

The rear diffuser has turned into an under car mounted adjustable wing. Only the ERA has enough room to have a wing under the car. We may have to opt for the sliding rear spoiler ala the MkII for everyone else.

I wish I had an extra few million laying around for a wind tunnel.

Pricing is still holding at $850 a splitter, $750/pr. for sill extensions. I'm working with the guy who makes the stainless stampings for the ERA to turn out the rear wing. I've designed all the pieces and he has all the machinery needed to manufacture them. He has not hit me with a price for the wing yet.

Mark

Hey Lynn,

It would be nice to check it against a KVA. I know the Roaring Forties nose is different still from the ERA or the GTD & CAV. Too many noses and too much development cost for short runs. I figure the first splitter for my car cost $9K. The process has improved and I may only have $4K or $5K into the first CAV GTD splitter.

Keep in touch and we'll see if we can get one to you for a fit evaluation.

Mark

I'd be interested in the KVA/Sabre pieces as well! Please let me know how it goes Lynn.

Mike

Back