Anyone know German

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
This looks like a die cast collection of every GT40 known to man. I think it is on German eBay:
04_3.JPG

click her to see the .de eBay Post

Ron Earp

Admin
Don't know a lot but these have not been out of the box and it says the three together were only offered in Germany. Nice cars it appears and they aren't cheap with the Euro being so strong.

These models aren't diecast. They're plastic slot cars made by Scalextric. With the revival in interest in the GT40 Scalextric have re-launched their slot model from the 1960's and produced lots of other variants. The detail of these slot cars is now so good that many colectors are buying them to simply display and will never go near a slot track.

My interest in the GT40 was triggered by a Scalextric model I got at Christmas in the '60s.

There are plenty of the 3 car sets around. They were limited to 10,000, originally selling at £100, released in 2003. Now available for less.

The 3 on the left of the main picture and the 3 on the right of the picture were limited to 4,000 with boxes, released in 2002/2003. Now more expensive than when they were released but still relatively easy to get hold of.
These were also released without the special boxes in unlimited numbers.

The one at the top I believe is a version of the car which was raced extensively in Germany. Not sure how many produced.

Here is a current ebay for the Goodwood set in UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3180370087&category=20056

Should be able to pick up the whole lot for about UK£350 - £400.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The place that I posted about earlier about having the Gulf 2 car set also has the Goodwood 3 car set and many others. You can find it here : Goodwood cars . Check out his other auctions for more GT 40's. I have never personally purchased from him, but he has a nice selection.
Regards Brian

Back