GT40 heads on ebay (UK)

I have just started selling stuff on ebay, and I am amazed at what sells. I've got some GT40P heads also for sale, 2 weber 48 IDFs (many other 302 parts, see my other auctions). You would think the heads would sell quickly, but no I've gotten 15 bids on the carbs. Started out at $10, they are up to over $100 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I've sold other pieces of motors and hand tools that you couldn't give away and someone will pay 30 to 100$ for them. Go figure!!
Bill

Bill,
I know, last year I bought some inner pannier bags for my motorcycle from Honda. Brand new they cost me £30. About a month later I sold the bike and put the bags up on ebay (thinking I might get £15-£20 if I was lucky)....they went for £68 !!! and anyone can go down the Honda dealership and buy them new for £30!! Weird.

Simon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Bill, The heads don't surprise me. There are always bunches of them on eBay. If they were aluminum, they would sell for sure.

It never ceases to amaze me what people buy. eBay is definitely for the sellers. You don't get to many good buys because of so many people bidding stupid money on stuff. If you are looking for rare stuff though, it will show up sooner or later.

Lynn

Just as a matter of interest, with all you experts out there, what is a decent price for a set of heads like these. I am hoping to get a better set of heads for my standard 302 at some stage. Thanks
Murray

The auction for my heads just ended. Some of the valves were too rusted to be used. Other than that, everything was good as new. (Engine had never been driven. Motor came out of a flood car) They sold for $300. There were some tricked out heads that were asking a lot more than mine, but hadn't recieved any bids when I last saw them. Put in the search at Ebay: GT40 heads, Ford heads, etc and you will get a few hits.
Bill

Frank, interesting, what sort of power increase could I expect from these heads and would I have to change anything else to fit them? I am OK with a 1500 MG engine, never reached the dizzy heights of a SBF before!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cheers
Murray

Back