2005 Ford GT for sale...3 will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, My name is Chris. I work for Town East Ford in Mesquite, TX. We were a presidents award winner and we are being allocated 3 GT's. If you are interested in purchasing one of these cars and being able to choose your color, please call me at (972) 270-6441 and I can go over all of the specifics on how to get one...or you can email me at [email protected]. These cars will not last long so contact me asap.
Thanks

Based on what I have heard from Ford dealers here, being

a "President's Award" winner, guarantees a dealer a shot at

getting a GT, but doesn't guarantee that he'll actually get

one. How many awards are given? I'll bet more than 1500.

Then subtract the cars going overseas, to Ford engineers,

execs, etc. You do the math! If this is the case, it's as

bad as the attempted sales on eBay. Prove me wrong, if you

can, otherwise stop advertising what you can't deliver. It

equates to spam, a hot topic here lately. I apologize in

advance, if I am wrong, but it would be nice to know the

real truth.

"The only difference between a car salesman and a vulture,

is that the salesman can take off his wingtips at the end

of the day!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not trying to start a flame war, I really do want to

know what the scoop is!

Comments from you Ford dealers out there?

The dealership I work for is allocated 3 Ford GT's. We have these spots reserved and Ford Motor COmpany states that we get 3 Ford GT's for this Year. This is no scam, prank, or joke of any sort. If you want a GT, you have the chance to take one of the 3 vehicles I have and place in the color of choice. All you have to do is palce in the deposit and you get the copy of the invoice when it is built.

So do you care to tell us how much money you expect for one of your three Ford GTs? I assume that you are looking for something in excess of list price.

I would also suggest that if you do indeed complete a sale at above list price through a contact made at this forum that you make a small ($50-$100) donation for this most excellent means of advertising your wares.

Chris,
Just out of interest, why don't you use the dealers eMail? Also, if its not a scam, provide your last name so people can phone the dealer and verify? The number Ford list for this dealership is not the one you have stated in your post.

Brett

Furthermore, email addresses from yahoo, hotmail, etc. are suspicious, particularly when I'm sure your dealership has provided you with one.

We're a skeptical bunch.

Just so you guys know, the phone # he posted IS the correct one. Give it a call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3 sounds like a lot. You guys are lucky!

I may go to Mesquite this weekend, to a place right next freaking door to Town East Ford. If I do, I'll stop by and ask them about their GT allotment.

I stand corrected. Ford gives out 450 awards per year.

More power to the dealer, if he does get 3 GTs, but it's

still unsolicited spam in my book, no matter what the

product may be! With 450 awards, that's 450 potential

dealer "plugs" here. This forum will end up

like "Telemarketer Hell"!

My guess is that after the cars sell, we'll never hear from

these dealers again. Their interest is cash, not GT40s!

Piracy, spam, whatever you want to call it, a fee should be

paid for advertising here. We might as well put ourselves

on a global mailing list! First the guy with the "Polex"

for sale, now this! What's next? A fountain pen that'll

write underwater?

Sorry for the rant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Bill

Look, my name is Chris Manley. I am a very Hardcore GT-40 fan and just found out about this website. I list my own email so the dealer does not send you 50 email asking when you will purchase...this way you don't get spam. I will very much keep in touch with the buyers of these cars and hopefully have them here at the dealership for certain events to show off the cars. Again, this is not a joke, scam, or anything you want to call it. If you want a GT, call me. This is legit...call if you have any questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Guys, My name is Chris. I work for Town East Ford in Mesquite, TX. We were a presidents award winner and we are being allocated 3 GT's. If you are interested in purchasing one of these cars and being able to choose your color, please call me at (972) 270-6441 and I can go over all of the specifics on how to get one...or you can email me at [email protected]. These cars will not last long so contact me asap.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Chris. I just sent you an email.

Hi Chris, I enjoyed talking with you today and look forward to meeting with you. Maybe if some of the forum members knew more of your background and involvement with Ford SVT they would be more receptive.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I dont necessarily agree that Chris is spamming or even running some sort of advertising and so far he has been generally low key in what he has said. If I can get a right hand drive and export it to England I'll order one from you Chris. I'm told that the UK will have a limited allocation and they will need to be converted if you want the steering wheel on the correct side.
Cut Chris some slack - there are a lot of friends you haven't met yet.
Dave M

I made it out to Town East today, and spoke to one of their sales people (Chris wasn't availavle). Yes they are getting an allotment of three cars.

Another Ford dealership closer to home is getting a single car. They're marking up the price $40,000, and they have three people in line to buy it. They expect the out the door cost to top $215,000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks guys....just let me know if I can do anything else...I can't get one with right hand steer...sorry. Let me know if I can do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back