E-bay scam with a new twist

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I found this on another forum about a car that was up for bid on Ebay. Here is the response to some questions that were asked:

I did e-mail the seller & this is what she sent back to me

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car. First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Switzerland, Geneve and I have to let you know that the car is located in U.S and it is in a perfect condition. I am the first owner of the car, I bought it directly from an authorized dealer. The car it has a clear title which you will receive it with the car. It can be registered into your name, so stay cool about this.
The car is in ,it has never been damaged.The engine run's very well,and the trans. it run's smooth.Nice car.mint condition
I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price. The price I hope to obtain is 12800eur(14.500.00$)(this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. The payment must be done using
a money order service. I prefer money order because in this way I will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.
I know that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union (www.WesternUnion.com). In case you want to ship you the car right now you have to make me a confirmation for 25% of the amount of money 4750eur(5000$)(and after you receive and inspect the car you have to send me the rest of the money. The inspection period for it is 15 days. I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the car and I hope we will collaborate in future too.

Look what I can do for you:
- you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name(you will use your best friends name for example as receiver's name)so you can be sure that I will not pick up the money until you get the car; so you make a deposit at Western Union and you will give me the transfer's details (SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS, RECEIVER'S NAME, MTCN) so I can check that the deposit was made. After I verify it I will send you the car immediately.
- only after you will receive the car and check it if it OK you will have to change the receiver's name of the transfer to my name so I can collect my money. So until you will have the car in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at Western Union Agency. I think it is better to not inform Western Union that you
will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount),also when you go to an Western Union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason for you send the money because here in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the funds.
Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partner.
My old buyers of course make the transfer at Western Union direct to my name which is easier and I will be happy if you can trust in me but because it is our first deal I proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the car to allowed me to cash it. Also, I can accept 1000eur through from
the amount prior and in this case I will take you as a serious and possible buyer (this way I will loose all the nonpaying bidders that I occur everyday) and arrange a further deal but in this case you have to come in person to the car´s location to see the car and take it back with you or you can send a friend or agent that lives near by to inspect the car and pay the rest of the money.
If you are agree with this method you can transfer the 1000$ from your
home:
https://netsage.finali.com/netsage?customer=wu&iid=wu-mt&content=https%3A%2F%2Fwumt.westernunion.com%2Fasp%2FmtReceiver.asp
Or you can transfer the payment using your credit card via phone calling 1-800-CALL-CASH service of Western Union that is a free of charge phone number and is available 24 hours a day. After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer.Here are the details that I need:
- sender's name and address;
- receiver's name will be me;
- exact amount wired;
- MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) (10 digits)
- if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG
for me
to add to the files.
As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent,I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping if you sent me the 25%of the amount or I will hold the car for you if you've deposited only 1999$.In case you've payed the 25% of money I will ship the car via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and it will take 72 hours until
you will have it at your door. The shipping is free. The 25% of payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the car but since it is a state of the art and works and looks
perfectly I think it would get to this.
Here is my name and address you need for the Western Union
transfer:
My details:
First name: Barbara
Last name: Marek
Address:Rue du mont-blanc 24,
City:Geneve
If you agree with these terms, let me know and I will be more than
glad to start to complete the transaction with you. Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this car.
Thank you and kindly regards!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't trust anyone can you !! Those darn scammers are everwhere.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Regards Brian

I'm amazed there are people out there who will do what they ask and transfer money over!
I contacted a fellow on ebay with a similar story, he kept on pestering me to transfer money to his account. I said ok but after I receive the goods, needless to say he wasn't keen and even called me a scammer!
The thing to do with these people is wind them up, tell them you're going to pay and just keep them hanging on to waste their time, they'll soon get sick of it.
Simon

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Mike !!
This game is for SUCKERS, the penguins are safe for a little while. Ebay did pull the ad down how ever.
Regards Brian

Back