New GT40

Hi,
I'm a sales consultant for a local Ford Dealership in Iowa, We will be receiving one New GT 40,curious if any members are interested in this car. It can be ordered in the color of choice. For more information please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks.
Andy

Do the other users of this site think it might be courteous of any Ford dealer who advertises their allocation to (a) offer to make a contribution and (b) make it clear if they are trying to scam (or whetever the correct term is for a dealer trying to sell a new car over list) us or selling for list ? How about a rule : no new Ford GT ads without a contribution to the site's running costs unless the car is at list (or in the future below...)

So far, every Ford dealer who has come here wants $40 to $100k above MSRP.

Personally, I'd like all Ford dealers who want to sell more than MSRP to not even visit us. What's the point? They are not doing anyone a favor. We already know that if we want to bend over and grab our ankels, we can readily find a Ford Dealer willing to accomodate.

On the other hand, if a Ford dealer is coming here to let us know they will sell for MSRP, they I'd like to hear from them. It would be nice if these dealers made a small $$ contribution to the forum, but since they know they aren't going to have any problem selling the GT, they probably won't do that.

It's the new Golden Rule. He who has the Gold makes the Rules. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I agree. Anyone want to moderate this forum and keep tabs on these dealers who grace us with their first post as advertising?

I use to be an Adminstrator on a forum with over 40,000 members. I also have my own 'little' forum.

I'd love to be one of your Moderators!

Plus, I really am going to buy a new GT. I'm just not going to bend over to do it. Maybe that means I'll have to wait till next year. No biggie. First year production vehicles tend to have bugs that get worked out on subsequent years.

Folks, what do we really think these new GTs are going to be worth? I'm from the UK where we expect to get just 24 through Ford. We have already been quoting figurs of arround $300,000.00 each. Ford have also told us that these cars are going to be purchased by collectors as they are so cheep compared with anything like it at such a controlled limited production. Our Ford dealer here has been told that he can quote "Exclusive limited Run of production", If Ford produce more than 3500 vehicles for sale world wide any original purchaser can have thier money back. That sounds good to me, anyone in the States herd this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If that's true. A real limited run of 3500 cars. GREAT!! I really don't want to see a plague of GT40s.

They should keep to 3500 and stop. I think they will severely devalue their own brand name if they try and go head to head with Ferrari or Porsche longterm.

I think the whole think about the GT40 is its exclusivity and mystique. If Ford undermine the magic I'll just have to sell and go with a Lola T70.

However, I am very impressed with the power of the car they have produced.

Well done Ford. - BUT keep it exclusive.

And don't let Jeremy Clarkson have one!

Regards,

J.P

Ron Earp

Admin
JP, they aren't GT40s. They're GTs. And, at least to a lot of us, there is a big difference. You'll still be amoung an exclusive bunch with a GT40 replica that is unique while the GT is a production piece.

Ron,

Yep! I know.

But many friends still ask if my "replica" is the new Ford GT. I quickly define the superiority of the "replica". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.P

Back