RF W/SSTL Panels

Does anyone have a picture, or pictures, of their frame with SSTL panels in lieu of aluminum panels installed? I think I read somewhere that Hershal used SSTL panels on his RF.

Thanks
Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

Bill,
Here is a picture of my chassis in the paneling stage.
I used the satin finished stainless insted of the shiney stuff.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 33587-panels from inside.jpg
    33587-panels from inside.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 316

HILLY

Supporter
Bill,
I also went for the SS option with a 2B finish and I am very happy with it.

Attachments

• 33602-P - 012 - Wheel Arches.jpg
    33602-P - 012 - Wheel Arches.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 300
Thanks Peter and Hersh. I am leaning towards a silver powdercoated frame and highly polished (mirror finish) SSTL panels. I feel this will give the look of a complete monocoque chassis. And the looks should be stunning.

I'm only 12 months awaay from ordering my kit. It feels like forever.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

I'm also interested in doing the stainless steel in place of aluminum on an RF. At least, that is where I sit at present in my data collection. Looks great! Nice pics guys.

John

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I have changed all of the ali panels to stainless steel because with very little care it will look good forever. IMHO the stainless panels are the only way to go. The bottom sheet (floor) is extra thick (10 ga.), to protect my rear end from a piece of road debris coming up through the floor. I ran over a piece of muffler pipe that was an elbow and when it hit the lowered part of my floor it started to tumble raising my car 6" off the road and almost came through the floor. My old floor had a rip in it 10" long and the metal was spread apart almost 1.5". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back