congratulations Jenson.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
O.K. I've waited a couple of days to give you Brits a chance
to post, but nothing. So congratulations to the young bloke
from Somerset, Jenson Button, his first podium finish after 68 F1. starts.
I am sure those of you who have competed at any level in motor sport can remember the thrill of your first podium.
How much more thrilling must it be at the highest level?
Congratulations Mr Button, but watch out, there is a talented Aussie driving for Jaguar, who, when he works out how to start and how to be calm when he stuffs it up, will be up there with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pete,

Good shout, all credit to Jenson for a great drive. I also felt a bit disheartened for Mark Webber, he comes across as a great guy with a good personality, as opposed to many of the F1 drivers who seem to be completely sterile!

I enjoyed watching Webber carve thru the field, nice to see some real overtaking! Perhaps F1 would be a bit more interesting if they reversed the grid & made tha fastest drivers start from the back?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Great idea Julian, we have a couple of touring car races over here where exactly that happens. Its great for the spectators and the panel shop........I somehow dont think it will ever happen in F1, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jenson drove a really good race. Good for Honda and Dave Richards, too. Sad to hear Montoya's whining about Ruben's driving. Detracts from his good drive also. Does anybody know his lap times while he trailed Ruben's compared to after Ruben's pitted?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pat if you go to www.Formula1.com and look in the results archive for the race you should find the answer. Juan put in the fastest lap of the day a 1.34.223 on lap 28. Michael's fastest was a 1.34.819 on lap 6. I agree with you
Juans comments about Rubens tactics came across as a little churlish. I am sure that if the roles were reversed Montaya would have fought just as hard to keep his track position as Rubens did. After all that is the name of the game.

Another wonderful drive for not only Jensen, but Sato did very well also. Ah, I wonder what Jacques is thinking now...

Very strange looking track. It looked as if they had concreted a vast area and then painted the track on it. Did not seem to have much of a crowd either. Regards

In the U.S. the announcers said they purposely limited attendence to 65,000. It's good to be the king!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone fancy a track day at Bahrain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you can't get a beer there!!
Another good drive by Button and Webber grabbed a point.Good stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back