I need a picture of the horseshoes...

You know, the ones one the Gulf GT40s. Just a good close up with color details would be great. Any help appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hersh, Just noticed I had this picture. Not sure of its authenticity or origin, but the title suggests its no 1086.

Regards
Dave

Attachments

• 34285-P1086.jpg
    34285-P1086.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,726
Hersh,

I have them on my car.I made them trough a graphic company trough a picture from a model.

They look very similar altough not 100% accurate.

I will send you a picture by email how they look on my car and if interested I can let them make but were rather expensive (I need to check how much).

I also made at the same time the sticker with the electrical flash (blue and yellow) wich was on the GT40 of 1968 on the door side.

Let me know if you are interested and will look into this over the weekend.

Rgds
Fred

Dave & Fred,
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Dave, Thanks for the photo. I will use it if I get nothing
closer for demisional purposes.
Fred, I would love a tracing or a good photo with something to compare measurements with.

Thanks,

Thanks Guys. That's the first time I ever saw the blue ones.
Paul, that's one nice GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PS... Is there a story behind these horse shoes as to who or what they represent?

Hi Hersh

The horseshoes were I believe part of a sponsorship package from Gulf - checkout this link to 1049 restoration website

Here you will find further details and at the bottom of opening page it states - and I quote...

"Period photographs of #1049 at the 1967 Daytona Continental showed the car wearing the famous Gulf Oil "lucky horseshoes" on the right rear fender. "

Hope this is of interest.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul,
Thank you so much for that. It really helped in my recreating the exact horseshoes used by gulf.

Back