Tilton Starter Verification

I need to have a starter shipped to the folks building my engine and I would apprecite it if someone would be kind enough to verify that I have the proper Tilton starter identified.
We are using a 5.0 roller block engine with an R-21 transaxle. I have the steel adapter plate which has the spacer block welded to it, and the flywheel has 121 teeth.
I BELIEVE I should use the Tilton part number 54-10007, which is a standard plate mount with a 10/12 pitch pinion. Upon receipt of that starter, I have to replace the nose with an aluminum adapter plate. Then away we go. A freind is being kind enough to source the adapter plate for me and ship it over.

So if this makes sense to someone, or will not work, I would appreciate the insight. Tilton makes these to order and does not give them away.
Thanks
Brian

Brian, Tilton starter motor 54-10007 is the one we use here in the UK with your set up, plus of course the adaptor block, Frank

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Before you buy from Tilton, you might look at CSI. All these starters are actually made by either Hitachi or Nippondenso, and then the starter is sold to Tilton or CSI who make the adapters and set them up to be fit into the engine. The starter is the same. I bought a CSI starter direct from them for my project, it was very helpful, and arrived in two days. They are on the web, and also in Jeg's, summit, etc. the cost savings was significant.

Back