Steels for engine hoists

Malcolm

Supporter
Now that I have moved house and built my new garage I have surplus steel work that I used to hang a couple of engine hoists off.

The steelwork is in 6 parts that bolt together to make a big goal post (soccer style!)approx 12 ft high by 17 ft wide. I used to hang a one ton hoist off the centre and a half ton hoist off to one side. Roy Smart made this for me many years ago and at that time said it was good for well over a ton capcaity.

I had it made in 6 peices so I could wiggle the bits up into the roof of my double garage which was of typical A frame construction. The longest part is about 8.5 ft.

It is designed to bolt to the floor and I made up some steel straps to bolt it to the wall at high level to stabalise it.

Comes complete with all bolts to assemble but not floor mounting bolts (couldn't get them out!).

Buyer to collect unless we agree a separate delivery cost. A car trailer will take it easily but a sturdy smaller trailer may also do the job, if beefy enough.

£200 ono

I also have two 4.9 metre steels that would take a 302 plus gearbox combo off them with ease which I could be persuaded to part with. £100 ono each.

Whilst we are here (!)I have the engine hoists that again I could be persuaded to part with albeit reluctantly. One is a 30cwt lift and the other I beleive to be 1/2 ton capacity. Both are chain hoists with endless loop pulley systems. £80 and £40 respectively.

Malcolm

Back