What is the age of our forum members?

How old are you, GT40 Forum Member?

• Total voters

Ron Earp

Admin
I've wondered what our average age is around here so here's a poll. Please don't post to this thread, we want to protect the innocent!!

Interesting poll.

Following on from another thread, I was also thinking of running a poll of our favourite rear end - MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV, Mirage, Lola MKIIIB? - or Kylie Minogue?

Rob

Ron Earp

Admin
Didn't know who Kylie was, did a search, and that is my new favorite rear end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting demography. I wonder why there are a dearth of members in certain age groups. Is it because of expensive ankle snappers growing up and starting at expensive schools, or alimony or both, then later on is it because of the one eyed trouser snake goes wandering and starts a new family with another expensive new wife who knows what she wants because she's in the shadow of previous encumbants alimony and won't take no for an answer? AND she wants the latest Z toy from Nisaan to go to the gymn !! The home counties (pronounced 'kyntees' here in England (basically to the west of London) is full of these scenarios.....
Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron !
After exhausting research, some which can be found here : RESEARCH . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I think the maintenance of the previously mentioned item (Kylie), would be higher than an all out assualt for the 24 hours of Daytona with a original Lola T70 mark3b complete with transporter, crew, and spares. I think I'll stick to the low maintenance model I currently have. Besides from the research photo above, I think she was in an accident, it looks cracked to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards Brian

Sh...Looks like I am in the avg....
Fred /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ohh! Kylie Oooh!Kylie Wher've you been all my life??
"Well for the first 20 years I wasn't even born". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Which of the following is NOT true?

A) Both Kylie and the legend of 1075 were born in 1968

B) Both Kylie and the Roaring Forties GT40 were produced in Melbourne Australia

C) Both Kylie and the GT40 were clocked at speeds over 210 mph along the Mulsanne straight

Ans. (C)

MkII : 203mph
MkIV : 205mph
Kylie : Actual figure unknown
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Things are looking up. When I was in my teens I thought that only "old" guys had beautiful expensive cars. Now I know that I was wrong. I may be "older", but I'm still a kid at heart. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have survived my youth, have survived 25 years of marriage, have survived my three daughters teenage years, have survived neck and throat cancer and I feel younger today than ever. Ain't life grand?
Take care
Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi all,

Age is all in the mind. Enzo Ferrari ran his factory until he was 90. At last year's Goodwood Revival Meeting Stirling Moss, Phil Hill and Jack Brabham and several other Golden Oldies, in their mid-1970s, were as fast as they were in the 1960s.

Now that I've mentioned Stirling Moss and Jack Brabham, back in the early 1960s Dunlop only had green spot and blue spot racing tyres. Jack Brabam's Cooper mechanics hatched a plot and painted white spots on one set of tyres of a car parked in the pit lane. As Stirling wandered by one of the mechanics casually asked him of he heard about the new white spot Dunlops.

Allegedly a furious Moss headed for the Dunlop caravan and demanded why he had not ben told of the new tyre!

There was a lot of leg pulling and joking in those good old days!

Andre 40

Couldn`t agree more, though from what I saw, if Jack Brabham has a mirror in his house I`ll bet he`s feeling bloody old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Kylie's rear end comes in several configurations, all of
which make me feel a lot younger. See below.

Attachments

• 38265-banner.jpg
    38265-banner.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 341
I am lucky enough to share a birthday with Kylie. Born on the same day some 1000km apart in 1968. Her ass is much better looking than mine. I wont post a photo, just take my word for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tim I think I can safely thank you for not posting, on behalf of the entire forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back