Software Suggestions

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I need some suggestions on software that I might want to include on our Car Computer.

I bought a device to let me tune my Ford EEC-IV computer and I didn't want to use my work laptop for obvious reasons. In order to make the purcase of a laptop more pallitable to my comptroller, I decided that DVD capability was needed, GPS and map software would help and some PC games with a snazzy game controller would round it out. Well we got the laptop, an IBM T20 (IBM of course since that is who I work for; although I bought it on eBay. But also because, next to the Panasonic Toughbook, it is one of the more rugged laptops.) We drove around testing the GPS and it worked admirably. It did show, not surprisingly, that my wifes speedo read about 4 mph fast. The speed measurement was my driving reason for the GPS as it is supposed to be within .1 mph and I can calibrate my speedo using it. The automotive power supply also came with an aircraft plug in, which I hope to use while on work related travel. So, now I have the stuff I had already thought of on the laptop.

So, I though that, with the varied backgrounds on the forum, perhaps some of you might have some good suggestions for software to put on a computer that will be primarily used in the cars. Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Lynn

Back