Another Decal Question...

If you look on the door of 1075 when it ran as #9 in 1968, you see a small decal. It looks like a black upside down triangle with the a yellow letter "S" in it and a bolt of lightening going through the triangle.
Does anyone know what company the decal represents? If
any of you guys have a good photo I would luv to see it.

Thanks,

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have them on my car but made them trough a local company based on a picture of the car.
My understanding is that this was a sticker that was obligatory to mention where the circuit switch was on the car.
I can send you a picture if you giv me your email adress.
I can also ask them to make them but I rmemebr it was rather expensive (tbc)
Rgds
Fred

Hersh, these symbols are typical of the emergency electrical cutoff switch location indicator for racing - go to any track and they would have equivalent decals (unless you are striving for exact accuracy to the 60's version) in one of the supplier shops. SCCA etc all require them.

Thanks guys,
I appreciate the help. I will see if I can find one of those decals.
Dave, I am trying to get as close to original 60's as possible.

Just a note to say thanks to all you guys that sent e mails about my request. I sure am greatful for the help. This place never ceases to amaze me.

Hersh,
did you find the original version?If so could you let me know where as I made thm based on a picture but I assume they are not 100% correct
Tx
Rgds
Fred

Hi Hershal, I found this decal which I think is for cutting the electrical system. It is a bad angle, but I am still searching for better pictures that I have seen in my archives. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 35882-AUT_09515.jpg
    35882-AUT_09515.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 359
Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies sells those sort of decals for $1.50, but they have a light blue background (like the one in the photo in the previous post).

If you want to see it, go to: http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/
Click on "Order On-line" and search for "decal". The first link is "OFF for Master Switch" .

The decal I am duplicating is on the doors of P1075 in #9 Livery. It is a black upside down triangle with rounded corners. It has a yellow "S" in the middle. Then there is a bolt of black lightening going through the triangle.
I will post a picture as soon as I finish duplicating it.
From information I recieved I have got exact measurements and colors.
If anyone one has other original decals that were used in the 50s and 60s I would be most interested in those too. If you send a photo please have something in the photo of known size so that I can scale it.
Thanks again for all the help guys,

I beleave that I have seen different decals for the same purpose. I think the triangles are made so one of the points will point to the cut off switch. Still looking for the other type of decals that I think I have pictures of. Joe

Hersh,
I know wich one you mean.I am sending you a seperate mail with att. pics of my 'self'made decal as I am not a genious on how to put pics on this site(I wished I could).
PLs note it was made based on a scale decal model... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Rgds
Fred

Don't know if this is the decal - got mine done by GT40 Developments - I think the arrow represents engine cut off.

Attachments

• 39987-open rear cover.jpg
    39987-open rear cover.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 332
Back