Granada scorpio caliper overhaul.

Anybody overhauled scorpio rear callipers?????
I'm trying to pull a granada scorpio caliper apart - having never even seen one before am I right in thinking turning the piston will extract it ????
Also what's the best way to clean / refurbish ????

PAUL i would purchase service exchange calipers from some one like brake engineering or xl two companys we deal with
they both do a service exchange program the calipers come out looking new and with out being rude they seem to get them exceptionally clean and to look at they look brand new
brake engineering do various calipers
>92 40mm diameter piston we can get for £64.65 plus vat (£75.96) each solid rear disc ( TO ORDER)
92> 43mm diameter piston we can get for £51.71 plus vat (£60.76) each solid disc in stock
if this helps give a mail at home chris parker
the pistons are a wind back type and i think ferraris piston services a factors we deal with may be able to get a delphi caliper overhaul kit i'll check tuesday after the easter break and let you know
chris
ps great pictures on the build side keep going you make me sick how good it looks LOL
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi Paul,
having been along the same road as your self overhauling callipers,I believe for the extra cost involved its proberly a safer bet to use new or factory reconditiond units.there are some quite resonable uprated brake kits available,I use a Cosworth rear calliper with 265mm vented and cross drilled
disc.avalable from Parallel Designs (www.Paralleldesigns.co.uk)The front callipers are wilwood Dynalite 4 Pot,with 285mm vented and cross drilled disc,avalable from Hi-spec Motor Sports (www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk.
all the very best with the build,

Brian Durbridge,

see attachment.

Attachments

• 35650-P1010024.jpg
    35650-P1010024.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 370
Hi Brian,
Your Tilton pedal box and brake balance car look interesting - may I trouble you to post some close-ups of the bracketry and pedal bearings if you have them? My car is presently away having precisely this mod.
Your car looks nice - when's the big day? It looks pretty well done.
We can't be that far apart if you are in Oxford!

Hi Tony,
tilton box view from top and bottom,if you would like to see the box fitted,I am only 30 minutes down the M40from you,

Brian.

Attachments

• 35687-P4120028.jpg
    35687-P4120028.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 347
Brian, I look with great interest at Your GTD/TILTON setup. I have one of the GTD units and would like to know the part numbers for the Tilton pedal assembly and the 3 master cylinders used. Also could you tell us how the gas pedal is mounted and how do you like the performance of this unit, not using boosters?

Hi Bud,
the gas pedal is bolted through a bracket mounted on the side of the pedal box,the master cylinders are Girling brake master .75 / Clutch .70.the tilton box was purchased
from G.T.D there is no part number on the unit.the brake system was copied from another gt40 which the system worked very well,as my car is still in the building stage time will tell,

Brian.

Back